Meng IDF Late Achzarit APC

Sort of amazed myself on this one.  Knocking it on the floor wasn't in the plan but putting it back together into something resembling the real deal was the amazing part.

Here it is, finally got the tow cables in place and some dust to tone down the glossy areas and warts and all it's a dirty, dusty APC.  Not sure I'd want a ride though,

must be pretty cramped for 10 infantry in there.

There's a pretty much complete interior, less engine and drive train but of course it's all hidden now.

MPuIHv6.jpgXWIxk42.jpgglVC10b.jpgUj8nFGU.jpgDfJTbnL.jpgAlWqfXs.jpg

• Like 13

Well despite all the 'fun' you had with the build I think it turned out beautifully. I really like the finish - I think you managed to achieve a nicely careworn appearance. Very well done. :clap2::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Thanks Stix

Not all that much fun and some choice words were spoken, even the cat couldn't take the language so he took off upstairs.  But it actually turned

out presentable in the end.  This Israeli armor is addictive, got a couple more to do now.

Take care,

PS.  need any snow over there?  We got more again last night, and it's only Dec 4th, 4 more months to go:unamused:

Lloyd

Lloyd, good model except one thing. The black mark around exhaust (correct me if I am wrong). It is supposed to be the smoke? If yes I strongly recommend to use black pigment next time. But apart from this I like everything else. 

Thanks Chris

It's Vallejo Black Wash but I thought it didn't look that good either.  I don't have access to any of the fancy pigments only a very few of the Vallejo washes.

I could try scubbing some of it off with some water and a toothbrush as it's too dark and thick for smoke and soot.

Lloyd