Airfix 1/48 Meteor F8 sink marks?

yeehah1

Hi all.

Friend of mine was kind enough to get me the Airfix 1.48 F8 Meteor and it looks like a lovely kit. However upon closer inspection whilst fondling said plastic I noticed something that doesn't quite look right.  Take a look at parts5 and 6, the upper wings. There seems to be sink marks present but part no.5 is more pronounced and there seems to be a ribbing-like deformity present as well.

My question is whether this ribbing effect is meant to be there and if not how can it be fixed?

Also, any chance those rockets could be used with a 1.48 Sea Fury kit?? Have both the Hobbycraft and Trumpeter kits in the stash and they'd look good slung under their wings :)

Thanks in advance

Liam

Cant answer about the sink marks as my 4 are all ok.

The rockets are usable on a Sea fury but the launch rails are a bit different between the two types.

It would depend on how picky you are.

• 3 weeks later...

The ribbing or indentations you refer too is the area above the wheel wells 'The do not walk area' but people obviously have and as this was done with a LIDAR scan on a Museum aircraft (I was there), the damage shows up. You would not be wrong to fill them flush (I wouldn't bother) as these should not be there on a in service aircraft (but possibly were). The gun panels display a similar denting but I would leave those as that's where the "Plumbers" would thump and press the panels to get the Dzus fasteners to bite.  The long lateral marks are sinks due to the underlying tabs, (do fill these).

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2