Airfix 1/72, F86E(M) Yugoslav markings

Airfix 1/72   F86E(M)  finished in Yugoslav markings (kit decals).

A good kit which suffers a bit from the Airfix soft plastic.
The air brakes are in closed position as I felt the actuators were too fragile.
I think the wing fences were in slightly wrong position so moved them in about 7mm

The finish is Humbrol metalcote 27002 brush painted which I could not get to polish, to give a NMF, so looks painted.

Now building another Airfix 1/72 USAF F86F - so hopefully improve on the finish on this one.

17eb93d2-f258-4d02-ad4b-a2670def3b0e.jpg

These two versions of the F86 Sabres by Airfix are very welcome but it is a pity there has been no continuation of the theme with, say, the F86H/FJ2/3Fury - revival of the old F86D and even the Super Sabre.

c2c85c25-a23d-4a6f-b92c-25bc71edf25f.jpg

• Like 24

Very nice model. Do not worry, your finish is good, mostly all Yugoslav Sabres were not highly polished, so it looks realistic.

And of course thumbs up for chosen version i was born in Yugoslavia and i liked those markings very much.

Best regards

Looks good. Yes the wing fences and tanks are too far out when you bring them it it looks a whole lot better.

The airfix kit is not to bad, shame they got the canopy sils wrong as you cant fix that as easily as the fences and tanks.

Julien

Thanks everyone for comments.    Note to Julien - There is an article on the tanks on Britmodeller by "Sabrejet"  which says that in 1/72nd scale the tanks should be 35mm from the centreline as on the old Airfix F86D.  So they would need to come in about 5mm on the new F86E and F86F kits.