Anigrand C-141B

rafalbert

Hi guys, since my shelf of doom has become ridiculous, it is definitely time to start whittling it down. I am in with my C-141 kit, which since my missus managed to get it whilst she was very ill during chemotherapy (to ensure I had a present for Christmas in 2015), I have no excuse not to complete it. My skills are mediocre at best so this will not be in any way perfect, but it should at least look like a Starlifter when I am finished. This is where I got to:

IMG_20171202_131335

Also, since this GB finishes on my birthday, it gives her a reason to buy me another kit 😜

• Like 4

Hi David

First and foremost I hope SWMBO is well !

The kit is a cracker, can I ask a favour ? Could you put a tape measure into one of your future photos as I would love to know how big this kit is.

Good luck with the build, with you all the way :popcorn:

cheers Pat :cheers:

Hi Pat, as promised here is a pic with a tape measure and a ruler. The wings and tailplane are not yet attached so sag onto the floor, hence not giving a true indication of size (just over 12 inches). The kit is a decent size, but is tiny next to the Anigrand C-5!

IMG_20171203_130038

• Like 1

Nice! I have the C-141A boxing so will watch this with interest. Mine is quite badly warped (in about four dimensions it seems) and wimpishly I haven’t made it a priority. Look forward to seeing yours come together - perhaps it might spur me

to action! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Typically, work and family have gotten in the way of modelling, so I am not going to finish this on time. In my haste to try to finish, I managed to fog up the canopy so it will be painted with black windows :angry:. I am hoping to finish the old girl shortly, and will continue to update this thread accordingly. Sorry guys!

39355042484_8a02ad03a7_k.jpgIMG_20180203_200241

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Over two months late and not a great job but here she is. Most of the decals went on well but some of the walkways and the upper "USAF" logo have silvered somewhat. I had a few issues with the canopy and various errors all over but I have learned quite a lot from my first resin build. My missus likes it so I guess that is what counts!

IMG_20180408_121403

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Good work! I’ve built a few of these big Anigrand jobs so know the amount of effort that has to go into creating a finished item like that! Very nicely done sir. 

• Like 1