EE Thunderbird

colinlp

Hi

I was wondering if there is or was a kit available for the EE Thunderbird missile? As a child I was taken to watch these things being launched y my father who worked on the Ty Croes army camp whenthey were there in the early 60s. It would be nice to have one as a reminder

Im090624MF-EE-704.jpg

In the distant depths of my failing memory I seem to recall that Accurate Armour did one once.

Late Note.  I must have been mistaken.  I can't find any reference to it.

Edited by Das Abteilung
correction
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 16:26, Fishbed said:

Sorry for the delay, what a find, that's awesome thanks, a bit expensive but it's my birthday in February so I can get it then.

To me they qualify as the ultimate looking missile, they had one on display as you entered the camp years ago it always gave me a bit of a thrill as we drove past

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Colin,

There's now a 3D printed 1/72 scale Thunderbird available from 'printedplanes' on eBay. The model is offered with or without the trailer: the version with the trailer is at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-72-Thunderbird-Missile-Trailer-3D-Printed-Model

I have one on order so I can't comment on the quality but I already have a Bloodhound from the same source and cannot fault it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2018 at 10:32 AM, 457 said:

Hi Colin,

There's now a 3D printed 1/72 scale Thunderbird available from 'printedplanes' on eBay. The model is offered with or without the trailer: the version with the trailer is at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-72-Thunderbird-Missile-Trailer-3D-Printed-Model

I have one on order so I can't comment on the quality but I already have a Bloodhound from the same source and cannot fault it.

They look interesting.  How strong is my resolve not to buy anything more till the stash has gone down a bit?  Have I defined what a "bit" is?  humm......................