2018 Groupbuild calendar

I'm interested in 9 of these plus 1 STGB - that would be record-breaking output for me so seems like a stretch! So just like this year I'll be planning to join them all but a few of those plans will drop off as we go.

Many thanks to Enzo for organising. Good to see the 11th hour GB ends on 11 Nov, presumably breaking with the tradition of ending at midnight to end at 11am this time?

• Like 1

Thanks for the excellent decisions @Enzo Matrix :clap2:

I now have 13 GBs/STGBs in which I can participate... I'll try to enter some of the models in the shelf of doom that are below the 25% mark but it will be very tempting to start new models in several of the GBs...

Cheers

Jaime

Well done Enzo !

Will be very difficult to follow all GB.only one of twelve i not much love

we will see my life commitments in 2018 :drunk:

Ettore :bye:

Hi All. 

I'm just catching up after a few days up the jungle.

Good call Enzo for the 2 centenary GB's.

I don't think I ll manage 12 but I'll make the effort for these

Colin W 

Brits Abroad                                                                                        16 Jun to 7 Oct   

Eleventh Hour: commemorating the end of the Great War                21 Jul to 11 Nov  

Maritime Patrol and Coastal Command                                                1 Dec to 24 Mar 19   

Well, most of those "GB" are too wide for my taste, but it's not the place to discuss about it.

With those STGB, 2018 will be interesting.

M3/M4 Medium Tank                                                                              30 Dec 2017 to 1 April 2018

Bell P-39/P-400                                                                                     25 aug 2018 to 25 nov 2018

Pz IV STGB                                                                                             15 Dec 2018 to 17 Mar 2019

It's about time to prepare the first one, M3/M4 STGB.

I admire all the work you have done Enzo.  Unfortunately very few of these builds appeal to me...oh well...maybe next year--2019!:yes:

I have too many WW1 and Between the Wars to get to after the Matchbox GB is finished.  

Maybe I'll do the Airfix and the 11th Hour GBs,  or 1960s NATO/WP...hmmm

It'll be a busy year nonetheless!  And of course, the fine work going on here will be inspiring!  :D

On 01/12/2017 at 7:36 PM, Wez said:

I can make a model of my great-grandfather who died of wounds sustained at Gallipoli.  RIP Henry.

Coincidence, Wez, my Grandpa (Father side) went there as well. But I don't know much about him, as if he was lucky enough to survive the War, he died less than ten years after. My Father was then only a little kid, the consequence being that we doesn't know much about him.

The other Grandpa came back, too, but crippled in Flanders 1917, having survived La Marne, Champagne, Verdun and the Somme.

38 minutes ago, Antoine said:

Coincidence, Wez, my Grandpa (Father side) went there as well. But I don't know much about him, as if he was lucky enough to survive the War, he died less than ten years after. My Father was then only a little kid, the consequence being that we doesn't know much about him.

The other Grandpa came back, too, but crippled in Flanders 1917, having survived La Marne, Champagne, Verdun and the Somme.

It is a coincidence Antoine.

I've come to realise there's nobody alive within the family that knows much about Henry, even his hair colour is a mystery (all I can tell from the one B&W photo I've seen of him is that he wasn't blonde).

As for you other Grandpa - Verdun, say no more!

May they rest in peace.

On 04/12/2017 at 17:05, Colin W said:

I'm just catching up after a few days up the jungle.

Nice one Colin,that beat's my "just catching up because the internet connection'sbeen slow!