C1-10P 'Chopper'

C1-10P 'Chopper' Astromech

Star Wars Rebels

JPG Productions 1/12

It's been a while since my last droid build (BC-44 back in June), so I thought it was high time I added a new one to the collection. This is Chopper from Star Wars Rebels, a resin casting from JPG, who released the Gonk and Mouse Nigel last year. If I'm honest the sculpt was a bit rough around the edges, and could have used a few extra hours on cleaning up and fettling the master before the cast was taken.

In the end, I had to remove and rebuild some areas, mainly the details inside the open body panels. The manipulator arms on the head were also rebuilt, as that proved easier than cleaning up the kit parts. Despite all that though, the underlying sculpt is pretty good. It just needs a bit of TLC.

Proportionally he's a bit out to the original, but you can't really tell when he's built up. Over all, not as good as the Gonk and Nigel, but not bad all the same.

24878499698_4c36e19ea3_b.jpg

37864680595_3bc065b654_b.jpg

38751426071_39d9af6b9a_b.jpg

38751422721_8360c47bc3_b.jpg

38720214072_7c1433d265_b.jpg

38035265834_46cb2c8af5_b.jpg

Andy:cat:

• Like 26

An excellent rescue on a naff moulding then! Fantastic grimy finish and a worthy member of your superb droid collection, except get rid of that pile of Disney junk BB8.:D

Long live Star Wars, TESB and ROTJ!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I'm hoping we get some new droid news from Bandai before long, so I can add to the gang.

5 hours ago, Screech said:

Would really like to pick up Chopper for myself, but sadly when I inquired I was told he was unavailable! :worry:

I'm not sure how often Jimi casts a batch, but I'd imagine there will be some more available eventually. I believe Warren's got some in stock at Tirydium Models.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 04:02, Screech said:

Great "Family" Portrait Andy!  Would really like to pick up Chopper for myself, but sadly when I inquired I was told he was unavailable! :worry:

Michael,

I have just had a small delivery from Jimi at JPG so have 6 in stock at the moment, use the link below to go to the store.

Talking with Jimi it will be April 18 before I get any more as he is busy trying to get the 1:350 Medical Frigates out and a 1:12 Imperial Probe Droid.

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madmonk said:

Michael,

I have just had a small delivery from Jimi at JPG so have 6 in stock at the moment, use the link below to go to the store.

Talking with Jimi it will be April 18 before I get any more as he is busy trying to get the 1:350 Medical Frigates out and a 1:12 Imperial Probe Droid.

Cheers,

Warren

Hi Warren,

Message Sent!

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 22:48, The Chief Smeg said:

Ooh 1:12 scale probe droid - definitely on my wish list!

I don't think you'll be alone in that :D

1 hour ago, Gimme Shelter said:

he looks brilliant Andy - another fine looking droid to add to your amazing collection

but your Gonk is still may all time favourite (sorry)

Thanks John, I think the Gonk's probably my fave too