Airfix 1/24 Bf 109E 50/50

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Good looking 109 I like the idea why waste decals 👍

My thoughts exactly, I really couldn't decide which scheme to do so it's more a result of my indecision! 😃 😂 

Thank you all for your kind comments, it was done for fun!  I am committed to building the Revell 1/32 Mk 1/2 Spitfire as half black and white and half colour for the IPMS Avon display at SMW 2018, now that should be fun!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 4:50 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

You still will lose 50% of the decals... no way around, as far as I can see!

Even if you build several models, you still are left with decals... Could we be cursed?

JR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/12/2017 at 2:50 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I think Airfix would rather you bought two. Of course you could buy another and do it reversed, and really confuse everybody!

Nice build, especially the Romanian. Is the base a piece of slate? It works well.

16 hours ago, TallBlondJohn said:

I think Airfix would rather you bought two. Of course you could buy another and do it reversed, and really confuse everybody!

Nice build, especially the Romanian. Is the base a piece of slate? It works well.

I think your probably right but I'm too tight to even consider that!

The base was slate, in fact a cheap lazy susan!  Unfortunately I dropped it and shattered it!

Hey ho, life goes on!

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from the great idea on the markings, this is very neatly built and painted.

I remember from the 70's I think, an article in a magazine where a guy mounted his model aircraft side on in photo frames to put on the wall, he could do two display models from one kit, cool idea I thought, although I was in me teens!

:goodjob:

Davey.

• Thanks 1