Kobayashi´s Kawasaki Ki-61-Id Tei "red 24" Tamiya 1/48

kuky76

Hello dears.
Do you need absolutely fantastic relax during build model kits? That is the solution for you. Kawasaki Ki-61-Id 1/48 from Tamiya. I really highly recommend to everyone. Some pictures from my bench. The marking will be Kobayashi´s plane from .244 Sentai.

Mirek

14a4c65b6d4e11f9f61bc56ab864b688.jpg5e685bdf3cc123b51781fd3521e23a0d.jpga6c96dafddeac7705059bc124f0977a2.jpg7f90eb8dbd740e41fb274c03047bf7b8.jpgada05c2fb8c489d8cba60cfda87ca7b5.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Great work! 

I really like the look of this build, your rivet skills are impressive, very clean and well defined. The last time I tried I inevitably ended up with some off kilter lines and occasional slips into the panel grooves. Then to top things off, after all the painting and weathering they barely showed...

What are you using for these? a rivet wheel or just a ruler, needle and oodles of patience?

Edited by Squibby
  • Like 1

Thank you for your great feedback.:worthy::worthy:

To Squibby.....Before riveting I used Mr Surfacer 1000 modelling filler. Then I drew rivet lines with a ruler and then I made rivets on the drawn lines with the rivet wheel Rosie the Riveter 0,60 mm. Next step I polished all surface with the GSI griding cloth 1000, 2000 and 3000.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you very much for positive feedback. 😊

For NMF surface I used Gunze SM01, which is great solution for me, because color Gunze series SM are absolutely user-friendly and have excellent covering properties. Some panels and inspection covers  were painted with SM01 by adding a few drops of black or white color Gunze series C. At the end I used wash (blue-black and red-brown), fading (only white) and watercolor pencils.

Mirek

• Like 1

• 1 month later...