1/35 Husky MKIII VMMD

This is a Panda Kit I have had in my stash for sometime I wanted to build it for 2 reasons it's different and it complements my other Desert vehicles(as a pic shows),there are many variants of this Mounted Mine Detector but this is my usual build OOB,I did not have the easiest of builds with this,again PE and me do not mix,the top cabin fits almost on last and I test fitted as you do but once the glue was in place do you think it would sit down and as there is not many places to put your fingers,yes you know it a lovely piece of etch over the top grill decided to pop off one end,so I had to re-glue that end and do you think it would stick NO!!!,and the hydraulic arms that hold part of the mine sweeper in place one was broken in the box,also the other one that kept the top hatch open,it was like Murphys Law what can go wrong will go wrong,Any way it's finished and on the shelf now,just wanted to show you guys what a mess I made of it,also the black piping is very much artistic licence there is nothing in the instruction to tell you were it goes,they include it but no clues?This will probably be my last build for this year,so all out there have a Merry Christmas,Cheers from down under.JIM

tn_29369b12-4e38-4d4d-a131-66e4acf99039.tn_76c41fed-a425-4e8c-a046-a7c1a825f02f.tn_63978316-757d-466a-a4e7-915de8f7d04b.tn_d82fd436-d514-48e4-8867-812b9626c4eb.tn_b359fc56-4710-4c13-90f4-e11f44787244.tn_7aeeca31-657e-4219-8fc4-152576e50ec8.tn_5c651093-9c25-4826-bdd0-17fb369c603c.

• Like 17

13 hours ago, Tobby the Hun said:

Hi Jim.

Rather unusual vehicle. Haven't got a bloody clue what the real thing looks like, but your's looks the biz to me...

Nice vehicle, cool colours. Well done, mate.

Cheers

Tobby

Thanks Tobby,the unusual is what I liked.Cheers(P.S. first pic is the real deal)

Now that is an impressive looking beast! Never seen one of these before. Very well done and a Merry Christmas to you too! :clap2:

The three together look excellent too.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Now that is an impressive looking beast! Never seen one of these before. Very well done and a Merry Christmas to you too! :clap2:

The three together look excellent too.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,you always give my ego a boost :yes:,see by your list below you have been busy,always enjoy looking at your builds.Cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

A very strange model, but very well finished, it seems a real one, it reminds me something of the movie Alien 2 and its machines ...:goodjob:

Cheers Jim :yes:

Thanks Francis,I'm a strange modeller:D,so this one suited me.Cheers.

11 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

Thanks Francis,I'm a strange modeller:D,so this one suited me.Cheers.

A man after my own heart.  Haveyou  looked at the Hobby Boss Nagmachon?  That's a wonderfully quirky AFV thats on my list

I like your Husky, nice finish to an interesting subject.  I'm off to google how it works!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, sanfrandragon said:

A man after my own heart.  Haveyou  looked at the Hobby Boss Nagmachon?  That's a wonderfully quirky AFV thats on my list

I like your Husky, nice finish to an interesting subject.  I'm off to google how it works!

Thanks,and yes I have seen this kit,looks like a canary cage on tracks with the cage armour around it, I do like AFV with extra armour and the Israel Defence Force do know how to build and improve armour.There is a build of the kit on this site but saddly the pics are unable to be seen ,I should google how the Husky works?,does not make a lot of sense with the detector between the wheels,there is a after market kit that places the detector up front makes much more sense,thanks for your input Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Buzby061 said:

Top job. The finished product gives no indication of the faff that you’ve had with it. 

Had to to google the real thing though. 

Pete. 

Thanks Pete,I guess my camera does not show up its worst side,but this build showed up mine:D Cheers.

• Like 1