Revell 2018

Der Lingener

1 hour ago, Vladan Dugaric said:

It may be the old Revell's 1/32 Mirage IIIE (original 1983 boxing #4741), although the label "Cooperation" indicates rebox of Italeri kit, unless it is a typo and they meant to say "Reintro".

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hersteller_News/Revell_News_2018.html

This list states "Kooperation Italeri" which appears to confirm it is the Italeri kit reboxed. I would have preferred the Mirage IIIC but, at £49.99, it's a bargain so, I'll probably  have it anyway!!:D

Allan

On 01/01/2018 at 04:41, VMA131Marine said:

Strangely, 1/72nd scale Catalina is listed on Hannants site as new item from Revell, but it doesn't appear on any of other listings.

Revell USA (link) vs Revell Germany (link)?

The Cat could be a Revell USA/Monogram re-edition and not a Revell Germany one.

As what was just announced is the Revell Germany programme for 2018.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

7 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

Strangely, 1/72nd scale Catalina is listed on Hannants site as new item from Revell, but it doesn't appear on any of other listings.

i don't think the revell press release  represents a complete list as the new star trek and star wars kits have not been announced officially either as well as the absent catalina, maybe this list is only 2nd and 3rd quarter as 1st quarter was announced months ago, 4th quarter may well have not been announced and we may still see some new tool kits, it does seem strange that revell hype up the big January  the first thing to announce only 1 new tooling and a ton of co-ops and Wiederauflage's .

I wonder if they have anymore announcements for the Nuremburg trade show? Thought we might have seen a Shackleton MR3 as it would be a relatively cheap way to get a big box kit out (the kit breakdown is set up to for a straight replacement of forward fuselage undercarriage etc sprues). New box art and South African decals could make it look sufficiently different to entice punters. They might have held off with Airfix bringing their AEW out late in the year. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GreenDragon said:

Got an email from Revell with new release list and it says the Bronco is a cooperation so probably Academy? Price on Hannants seems pretty steep at £17.99 (RRP £19.99). I've got six Academy kits in the stash and seem to remember the most I paid was around £6-£7, the majority of them for a lot less than that.

Paul Harrison

16 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

Given Revell's links with Hasegawa and the price, I would suggest its a Hasegawa kit, rather than Acedemy

It's a long time ago since I did this, about 40 years or so, but at one point I had the Hasegawa, Revell and Airfix Bronco's, IIRC, the Revell one was better than the Hasegawa one and the only one to include the clear rear fuselage for the TT versions used by the Germans.  But as I say, it was a long time ago and memory has a habit of playing tricks.

Revell have over recent years had tie ins with Academy rather than Hasegawa, the formers 1/48th Hunter for instance, the last Hasegawa kit I recall them reissuing was the 1/72nd He-111 over five years ago.

Given that the Hasegawa Bronco is probably even older than Revell's own original one I see no merit in them releasing the Hasegawa one under their own box, the Academy one is a different story and I think therefore it is likely to be the Academy kit.  But as others say, the price is excessive and anyway, I have a load of Academy Bronco's in the stash.  The only thing I would be interested in would be raiding the old Revell kit for the bits to make a German version.

Edited by Wez

Any problems with that Starfighter kit? Would like a couple but Airfix don't seem to want to do many foreign jets anymore.

Paul Harrison

It seems that Revell have seen that if they do not get the youngsters interested then they will have a difficult future so good luck to them. Be interesting to compare the Airfix line up when it is released.

Not much on their list but I might look at getting their Starfighter kit, do not need any more Hunters as I got them when Modelzone was selling them for £5 each :).

Robert

Hi all out there,

wishing you a happy new and prosperous (modelling) year!

I would like to state two things (for now ;)):

1. OV-10A Bronco is a repop of the Academy kit

2. Mirage IIIE is a reboxed Italeri kit.

As the author of the news-article ( http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-2018/ ) I will comment anything you have questions about! At least, as far as I am able to - of course!

The Revell-program as listed above is for quarters II to IV - but you van never be sure if there are some surprise items for Nürnberg Toy Fair! i will keep you updated directly from the Toy Fair.

As for the starWars/Star Trek items: Of course there will be new kits ... but since Disney is veeery obesessed about the secrecy of any information Revell also has to be veery cautious in annoncing any information about new kits!

As soon as new information is available for press-release, I will also update the modelling community - promised!

Michael

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GreenDragon said:

Any problems with that Starfighter kit? Would like a couple but Airfix don't seem to want to do many foreign jets anymore.

Paul Harrison

The Revell 1/72 Starfighter is a nice kit, very similar to the Hasegawa one (actually a few parts are so similar that feels like someone had the Japanese kit in their hands when doing this...). I rate the Revell kit as slightly inferior but it's still a modern kit with decent fit, recessed panel lines and good enough detail level. The canopy is not great unfortunately and some areas could be better but I'd still rate this as the second best 1/72 F-104 kit around, with Hasegawa on top and the Esci (reboxed by Italeri) as third (no other 1/72 Starfighter kit is IMHO worth considering).

If the price is right, this kit can form the basis of a nice collection of Starfighters.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Der Lingener said:

Hi all out there,

wishing you a happy new and prosperous (modelling) year!

I would like to state two things (for now ;)):

1. OV-10A Bronco is a repop of the Academy kit

As the author of the news-article ( http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-2018/ ) I will comment anything you have questions about! At least, as far as I am able to - of course!

The Revell-program as listed above is for quarters II to IV - but you van never be sure if there are some surprise items for Nürnberg Toy Fair! i will keep you updated directly from the Toy Fair.

As for the starWars/Star Trek items: Of course there will be new kits ... but since Disney is veeery obesessed about the secrecy of any information Revell also has to be veery cautious in annoncing any information about new kits!

As soon as new information is available for press-release, I will also update the modelling community - promised!

Michael

What about the 72nd scale catalina listed by hannants as new for 2018, is it a mistake by hannants or is it an academy/revell ?

47 minutes ago, Der Lingener said:

Cool, at less than 50 quids I can finally afford one of these beauties!  :thumbsup:

I am also interested in the catalina, if its a tie in with the Acadamy kit then thats a good thing, but please do some post war decals like the recue bird in the 1/48 kit. how about  Norway or  Danish to name just a few.

• Like 1

Hi Gavin and Cardiff Boy,

the 72nd Catalina is NOT officially listed by Revell Germany and has also NOT been announced during last November´s press conference!
So officially it´s a "NO" - officially!

But trust me: Hannants do have the new items list for the trade and they need to have it in advance to order their stocks ... need to say more?

The OV-10A Bronco is a re-pop of Academy - so who knows what else will be re-released in the near future? maybe a Flying boat? who knows...

Michael (sorry for not being more precise)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

The Revell 1/72 Starfighter is a nice kit, very similar to the Hasegawa one (actually a few parts are so similar that feels like someone had the Japanese kit in their hands when doing this...). I rate the Revell kit as slightly inferior but it's still a modern kit with decent fit, recessed panel lines and good enough detail level. The canopy is not great unfortunately and some areas could be better but I'd still rate this as the second best 1/72 F-104 kit around, with Hasegawa on top and the Esci (reboxed by Italeri) as third (no other 1/72 Starfighter kit is IMHO worth considering).

If the price is right, this kit can form the basis of a nice collection of Starfighters.

Thanks Giorgio, looks like a few will be heading my way then! Hope the schemes are frontline machines and not the airshow fancy ones.

Paul Harrison