Matchbox/Heller F-86A-5-NA Sabre 1:72

Hello!

As promised, here part 2 of my little Sabres. I built them in parallel, made 2 out of 3 kits, but this one i finished earlier in September 1994. Windshield, rear fuselage and most decals are from Matchbox.

Now i found out, the etch was early eduard 72-008, here i used the slats on the different wing.

Miss Louise did not live long, was part of 4th FIW, 334th FIS. Written off 29. May 1952. Take off accident at Kimpo K-14. Pilot Jimmy L. Schneider had more luck.

I hope you like the tiny missie!

f86a_537j5f86a_537hj5f86a_5375f86a_537lkh5f86a misslouise line

• Like 51

Your build inspired me to buy a Matchbox F-86A. I have a number of more modern F-86 variants in my pile of unbuilt kits but I don't have an A, and as far as I know, Matchbox are the only manufacturer to release an A in 1/72.

• Like 1

A very nice looking F-86A. :goodjob:

@replicant, do you have pic's of your Sabre collection as I'm an avid Sabre builder myself?

5 hours ago, Eric Mc said:

I have a number of more modern F-86 variants in my pile of unbuilt kits but I don't have an A, and as far as I know, Matchbox are the only manufacturer to release an A in 1/72.

I also have a fair quantity of Sabres in my pile. I did get the Matchbox kit to do an -A but I only used the decals. I used the Hobbycraft kit and backdated it:

IMG_7085.jpg

Stuart

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Courageous said:

@replicant, do you have pic's of your Sabre collection as I'm an avid Sabre builder myself?

Hi Stuart,

finished i have a 45 yo 1:100 Tamiya ( hardly survived my yobro's ballistic ZELL trials :lol: ) and a newer F86D Hasegawa, i will show them. I got The Huff recently, and want to make F-86Ks i have

Cheers,

Thomas

37 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

I would never have believed this was the Matchbox kit! Once again you have worked magic with an oldie! Now I'm getting inspired to do Bruce Hinton's 'Squanee' which is my favorite 4th FG F-86A! Very, very nice model!

Mike

http://www.markstyling.com/f86s/09.jpg

Thank you Mike!  This will be a beautiful blueish girlie sabre!

And thank you guys for the nice comments!

Thomas

everyone should have a stash of old Heller Sabres as donor kits to supply all the the parts needed to improve their Matchbox Sabres.     That's what I did also.

(as well as backdating a HobbyCraft kit)

They can be had for peanuts at model meets and have the best landing gear of any Sabre model out there.

ps  the old Photobucket rules prevent me from showing off my two hand-converted F-86As

Cheers, Tony

• 2 years later...

spacer.pngHi,

You have forget on something. A model was not moving all horizontal stabilizer. Just part of it. See picture and compare to your model.  Best regards, Ales

Edited by Ales P.
I have forget to post picture