A civil Canberra Airfix 1/72

Hi gang a while back I started resurrecting an Airfix Canberra from a few wrecks I acquired from a fellow modeller. The decals are home made copied from some drawings provided to me by a hyperscaler..Alex CL-215, I wasnt happy with the resolution of the fin badge so I redrew that as well.

I have to correct the white to silver demarcation line on the rear fuselage but I have no time as I leave for the UK again in the next few days, so it this and a few other niggling corrections and additions will have to wait.. I just needed to clear the bench before I left...its not the best but looks ok on the shelf

38723958521_e686bb2d0e.jpg

26947885819_a1d0aad516_h.jpg

• Like 31

23 minutes ago, Gorby said:

what does the U.S. Department of Commerce need a bomber for?

Enforcing trade agreements?

:coat:

Seriously, I think it may be because the NOAA, National Weather Service, etc come under the Dept of Commerce so that weather research would be my real guess - but I prefer the first one!

Kevin

Edited by KevinK
  • Haha 3

Very nice Canberra 👍 Ive heard of these but never saw one before. I know they use drones to monitor water usage on ranch and farmland. They also monitor run-off from farms into waterways with drones. It all stems from lack of manpower on the ground to do  on site inspections. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Additional

That looks great,never knew one existed in this livery, nice job.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Cheers Michael.             

13 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

If you are coming back to the UK Wally, you can pick up some of the S&M new Canberras when you are here!

That's a great build there. Very different.

thanks... as for the SM Canberra.. at 36 quid, I'll pass on that one

cheers

wal