Italeri 1/9 scale HD WLA

Derek A

Good job.

I wish they would amend the instructions , the spark plug wires start at the coil which is the small rectangular box behind the air clearner , in case you want to amend the model. Also the point housing needs to be turned so that the pin sticking up can be hooked into the 'c' shaped part in front of it , this is the advance set up worked from the left twist grip.

Edited by krow113
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, krow113 said:

Good job.

I wish they would amend the instructions , the spark plug wires start at the coil which is the small rectangular box behind the air clearner , in case you want to amend the model. Also the point housing needs to be turned so that the pin sticking up can be hooked into the 'c' shaped part in front of it , this is the advance set up worked from the left twist grip.

Thanks for the info.  I've had so much trouble with this model breaking on me I think I'll leave well alone!😃😃

• Like 1

The weirdest thing is that though diligent research , parts manuals , service manuals ,, reference pics from others , my own reference pics of a cool Canadian bike with a snorkel ,and 20 years working in a Harley shop ,  I cant find a single line or pic or even an idea as to what the small cylindrical item is on top of the generator at the front of the engine , where they have the plug wires emanate.

Prolly because:

IT DOES NOT EXIST!

The actual coil supplied in the model has some handy points for the wires to go on , jus' sayin.

DID not mean to detract from the great model shown here .

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

The scale is 1/9, how big is it? ...cheers Derek :yes:

Well, it's about 9.5cm to the saddle and 25cm long (that's 3 3/4" and 10" in real money).  Hope that helps!

Edited by Derek A
Correction
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ModelMonkey said:

Excellent work! Lovely. I've got one on my Christmas list - fingers crossed. I'll bear in mind the comments re wiring as I go thanks Steve!

I really hope you've been a good boy and Santa brings you one, it's a very nice model.  Beware though, anywhere it is supposed to 'work' has a nasty tendancy to be delicate, particularly the front wheel hub and suspension!

34 minutes ago, Derek A said:

I really hope you've been a good boy and Santa brings you one, it's a very nice model.  Beware though, anywhere it is supposed to 'work' has a nasty tendancy to be delicate, particularly the front wheel hub and suspension!

Cheers! I think I deserve one... I did the 1/9 Triumph a few months back and it was pretty fiddly in parts too

• Thanks 1