Tamiya 1/12 Lotus 49b

1 hour ago, Chimpion said:

Beautiful build - very impressive. Could you check how you post the photos though? On my Android phone the aspect ratio is distorted and changes depending on the orientation of the phone - not a problem I normally have.

I've noticed the same issue!  They are dragged and dropped from Flickr,  I'll take a look to see if there is a way of fixing the aspect ratio!  If you know how, please let me know.

• Thanks 1

Very well done.  Yes there is a strong distortion on the sides. The car is actually 'longer' or more elongated.

PS Graham's moustache was more 'brownish' than jet black, or is it the phone again ?

• Thanks 1

On 29/11/2017 at 9:53 PM, sharknose156 said:

PS Graham's moustache was more 'brownish' than jet black, or is it the phone again ?

No, it's not the phone again, it's black!  :smile:

• Haha 1

Very nice! I have had this one set aside for just about forever. May I ask what red did you use? I found a Gold Leaf cigarette packet under our floorboards about 25 years ago - stored it away for future colour reference, LOL!

1 hour ago, vontrips said:

Very nice! I have had this one set aside for just about forever. May I ask what red did you use? I found a Gold Leaf cigarette packet under our floorboards about 25 years ago - stored it away for future colour reference, LOL!

Vallejo Colour Flat Red, Vallejo Gloss Varnish and a final coat of AK Interactive Gauzy Shine Enhancer.

6 hours ago, Derek A said:

Vallejo Colour Flat Red, Vallejo Gloss Varnish and a final coat of AK Interactive Gauzy Shine Enhancer

interesting, so no enamels for a car body. i would have thought Zero P of Gravity C., it looks very good.  

Great idea the shine enhancer.

2 hours ago, sharknose156 said:

interesting, so no enamels for a car body. i would have thought Zero P of Gravity C., it looks very good.  

Great idea the shine enhancer.

My wife has COPD so I tend to stick to acrylics, no smell!  I'm just not that fond of the shed! 😆

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BeastieBoy73 said:

Amazing looking build! This kit is at the very top of my wish list. Unfortunately, my limited ability wouldn't do it justice.

It's easier than it looks, it is Tamiya after all!  I bet you'd make a great job of it!

39 minutes ago, HOUSTON said:

Although the photos look as if they're in those circus mirrors... your Model is STUNNING. 

GORGEOUS work.

:worthy:

Yes sorry about that, I can't seem to solve that one!  If you click on the pictures they apparently display correctly!  Thank you for your kind words.

• Like 1