Bear Paw

Sorry nothing to add apart from the fact that I'll be watching your build with interest as they are a fantastic looking machine. Hopefully you'll do yours in the green and mauve as I have a soft spot for that scheme!

All the very best with the build.

Tim

I do intend to do the green and mauve camouflage pattern but I will make the mauve more purple Tim. They are big unusual looking Aircraft with there scaffolding pipe like struts all around the fuselage. No rigging and a steel bathtub for the pilot and radio operator gunner.  

Should be a fun build Bear Paw. Pleased to hear you're going for the more purplish shade as that would be my preference too!

You'll have a lot of fun with weathering it as well, I'd be tempted to try and create some nicked paint in places on the metal skin from small arms fire and shrapnel.

Cheers,

Tim

Not built one yet so I too will be looking on keenly. It is a Wingnut though so I doubt that, as long as you follow the usual advice, avoiding paint on mating surfaces and sticking close to the instruction manual, there will be any problems. A handsome big tank of an aircraft.

Yes Tim, it will be a novelty to put metal scratches on a WWI aircraft, but I’d did think about the possibility. The rear of the fuselage from behind the cockpit was linen.  So it is a hybrid of a thing. Like you said Beardie it is a flying tank and for that reason they had to extend the runways for them!  It is the A10 of its time.  

• Like 1

From what I remember there’s a thread from hyperscale way back when that had a fix of the accuracy issue with the top wing, if that’s the kind of thing you care about. 

Viking did a rather nice job here 

Edited by gcn
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, gcn said:

From what I remember there’s a thread from hyperscale way back when that had a fix of the accuracy issue with the top wing, if that’s the kind of thing you care about. 

Viking did a rather nice job here 

Thank you gcn, and I agree Viking did an excellent job. The colour looks good.  It is good to know that I can leave the wings un - glued for storage and transportation.