Schnellboot S38

longshanks

Nice! But I really wish they'd get busy with the pantograph and make their boats available in 1/72nd. I just plain haven't got the room for the big scale jobs.

3 hours ago, seadog said:

make their boats available in 1/72nd

Got to agree with you. In these days of technology I don't reckon it can be that difficult to reproduce in another size.

Vosper 72' 6" overall                                                  Schnellboot  107' 6"                      Fairmile D  115'    :whistle:

1/35           631mm                                                    936 mm                                           1000mm                          

1/48           460mm                                                    682mm                                             730mm

1/72           307mm                                                    455mm                                             487mm

Italeri must of done OK with this series but I reckon 70% of kits have gone to people who think they can Radio Control them. If they were to rerelease them in a sensible scale ............

Kev

• 5 months later...

My S-38 arrived the other day. Great kit and in good order. However, I would like to give a warning to those that will build the kit. The hulls have narrow arches over the torpedo tube openings. These have a moulding point that is quite large. In some cases like mine there is a blob of plastic. You have to be very careful removing it or the arch will shatter. I wasn't careful with the S-100 kit. I used a cutter on it and it shattered to the point I could not find the pieces. This time I used a fine razer saw and all went well. 

Other than that it looks a fine kit. Now to decide if I want to RC it.