Ark Royal's last cruise -Phantom FG1:Tractor and base close to completion

Massimo

1 hour ago, limeypilot said:

Who are Liverpool?

Apparently, they are a football team whose supporters tend to live in the past, or rather specifically back in the 1970's & 80's and tend to chunter on about how they have a right to be classified as a "Top, Top, Top team".

Or so you'd believe, listening to 7 drivers at work....:yawn:

Edited by Tony C
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, massimo said:

Hi fellas,

being at home, my modelling activity's been reduced dramaticly!

My Treasure comes up with plenty of "suggestions" for how to spend my free time and I can only agree with her!

I'm the one wearing trousers!!!:worthy::rofl:

Anyway, in the last few days I did some work on the stabilizer.

8hNKvs9.jpg

6hNvwKt.jpg

cs5WcOL.jpg

hiWvjRy.jpg

ISMXUxB.jpg

Pt7FIVM.jpg

Not much, but a little closer to the end of the tunnel!

Liverpool's doing great versus Roma!!!:clap:

Please Massimo, stay on target... don't touch AS ROMA  ;-)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill, been away for your builds for far too long. Windows did me a favour and shut me out of BM. I need to find out where the CEO lives... The tail work looks the biz.

Colin

• Confused 1

Hi guys, 

been home for three weeks now, plenty of things to do and with no time for modelling. I'm now in bed with flew, but hope I'll find some timr for my project tomorrow.Fingers crossed!

Anyway I'll be back to Pontefract next week, so there may be some time then!!!

Ciao

Massimo

• Like 2

You're doing pretty damn fine at the stabilizer lark yourself Massimo! Top-notch!

Sorry to hear of the illness striking you down - hope you fight it off quickly. :ill: :whip:

• Like 1

Good afternoon mates,

it's been ages since I found the time and inspiration ( when I'm home,my Treasure likes to keep me inspired by some other sort of things...:headbang:)

Anyway last night I took my Buccaneer out and checked where I had to re-start from.

rNzPdEB.jpg

cx8yquT.jpg

sIW6u7E.jpg

Sometimes last week I reduced a little the stabilizer's lower slot, which was too wide and didn't match the rudder's shape. It does now.

hiWvjRy.jpg

YWU1Nal.jpg

Jqlt8qc.jpg

I also refined the  back boom , which was too round.

j9W4drh.jpg

ArfzVcG.jpg

9NZY0NM.jpg

ihh13hT.jpg

Last night I decided to start from the main wheel wells and added some piping and the sort of air conduct from the bottom of the engine tunnel to the front side of the wells.

JrGHe69.jpg

KBBWyox.jpg

WsAe3Cu.jpg

Then I decided to add the two...what are they called...???...@71chally HELP!!!! to the wings, so I cut two pieces of sprue. I also made a template to rescribe some panel lines.

CSRSzay.jpg

bhoEgHt.jpg

ga6NGvP.jpg

d1Oy8za.jpg

DfhtExA.jpg

This morning I added some flat styrene and with the help of CA glue and... FLOUR ... shaped the two things and glued them to the wings. More CA glue , flour and sand paper and this is where I got.

The pitot is wrong in shape (too thick) and I'll deal with it later. Doing it now would mean break it anyway!!!

v0cUGbI.jpg

KHp9xxl.jpg

rdKByNC.jpg

5DZq48s.jpg

Next step was re-scribing the panel lines on both sides of the fuselage , at the front, using the styrene template I had done previously. This is going to be my preferred procedure for rescribing, from now on.

That's it for now.

Not much, but...something!

Ciao

Massimo

• Like 10

Hello Massimo !

Glad that you win the Flu battle !

Wow, pristine work on the Bucc ! 👏

And some inspiration for my kit, I'm now doing a decent Gyron Junior reactor...

Keep up that good job.

At CC home, it's not treasure but Liebchen, but they both seem to get out from the same mould....

She always has some good ideas 😈

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 2

On 4/18/2018 at 11:31 PM, 71chally said:

Hi Massimo, certainly not a case of trying to correct you, just throwing some info in that will hopefully be quite interestingB)

I just love the banal technicalities of these things!

Banal technicalities ??!!

Great thanks for the info from me too, t' will be useful on mine !

Sincerely

CC

• Like 2

6 hours ago, massimo said:

Then I decided to add the two...what are they called...???...@71chally HELP!!!! to the wings, so I cut two pieces of sprue. I also made a template to rescribe some panel lines.

Massimo

They are the wide-band homer aerials, my understanding is that they passively (ie they didn't emit a signal themselves) identify a target by working out the radar emission coming from it and could also warn of radar emissions emitting from enemy aircraft or shipping using S (shipping and land) & X (airborne) bands.  The scope was on the observers port side, just aft of the main radar display.

Good to see you back on the bike again Massimo, straight into some extrordinary work.  You have definitely got those pod shapes sussed, and great idea with the panel rescribing.

Edited by 71chally
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2018 at 9:52 PM, 71chally said:

radar emissions emitting from enemy aircraft or shipping using S (shipping and land) & X (airborne) bands

Ships use both S band and X band radars, typically one of each, for short range and long range.

• Like 2