Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Massimo

Ark Royal's last cruise - 1) Fairey Gannet AEW3: propellers and spinner painted. 2) Blackburn Buccaneer S2: Decals on. 3) Phantom FG1:...on stand by...4)WessexHAS 1 nose surgery...and a tribute to British Tornados' last days!

Recommended Posts

Fantastic detailing there Massimo. Nice and crisp too. She's going to be a stunner!

 

Ian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massimo, I'm amazed at the level of extra detail that you achieve, the quality of it, and in such a short time frame, very impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning mates,

Back home I hadn'tmuch time to psare, as my lovely Treasure had better ideas than modelling, but i managed to find some . This is what i did:

 

EY7UqIg.jpg

6jwTxEv.jpg

RwEhnyq.jpg

I added the missing stencils to the buccaneer and  while doing so, I realized the fuselage roundels needed a little more Microsol (or Mcroset?...don't remember which one is which!!!Anywaay the second one, to soften the decals and let them adhere), so I added it and set them.

 

nW1e06U.jpg

2zkl7pL.jpg

umx2uk3.jpg

nf9RnM3.jpg

GPohOAY.jpg

On another slot of time, I dedicated to the Wessex fuselage's correction I cut both halves on the line at the beginning of the tail and afterhaving cleaned the edges, I used the back ones to mark their shape on a 2mm styrene sheet, which would become the  meeting point for the new section. Once reduced in size, I glued the disc to the tail half.

 

ZyyivBD.jpg

aRTdTcb.jpg

gKZ5LV0.jpg

edoqyxj.jpg

ApzmZSC.jpg

Then I did four angled cuts in line to the fuselage side bends to keep their position, correcting the section's angle to compensate its extnsion.

 

PVaB20M.jpg

bUasmZj.jpg

uJyHKQr.jpg

9MdZn7a.jpg

I cut some more discs of styrene to reach the total length of 27 mm, as suggested by Heloman.

 

zlKbaNP.jpg

gdPJOj6.jpg

yjRaSUi.jpg

I added CA glue and flour to fill and later I filed things down and sanded the area smooth. I'll have to prime the area and give it another go when the fuselage halves are joined, but it can do for now!

 

90jW4Y2.jpg

Finally I gave another coat of Future over the Buccaneer to fix the decals.

That's it for now.

Have a nice week!

Massimo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressive surgery, Massimo! :worthy::clap:  And the Bucc look grand too! :clap: 

 

Ciao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brave man for slicing the fuselage like that, I've got to do that on my next Sabre build.

Excellent stuff Mas, you are the man! :yes:

 

Stuart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice, well-documented work on the Wessex fuselage correction - an excellent step-by-step guide for those of us who need to do similar! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your usual total ownership of plastic adaptation Massimo

Superb

 

I hope Treasure and yourself had quality time for a while even if you did waste some modelmaking

 

😂😂😂😂

 

 

🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bold but good move on the Wessex fuselage, and the Buccaneer continues to thrill. Excellent stuff Massimo.

 

Terry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Massimo, So, you are building the HAS MK1 planeguard.  Neat work with the internal wall detailing. Not easy!

So the seat arrangement is as you have seen in the pic above. However, just to the right of the cabin door is where the aircrewan sat/sits. There was only enough room for one and a 1/2 seats, otherwise the two seats as supplied would have stuck out into the door opening. Soundproof quilting to the cabin roof and the curtain at the reat, which you have already done. In the doorway is the aircrewman to the right, no diving gear. He operates the hoist, to his right is the diver.

You will need to fashion the intake on the nose, a sloping pane lin the upper half and a semi-circular plate to support that. then a mesh guard in the centre of the intake. I think you might find some images on my Mk1 build elsewhere on BM.

Do you have the 4+ book on the Wessex? A must have.

To answer the question about seats being folded up, we used the lapstraps to secure them.

 

Colin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2019 at 16:42, heloman1 said:

Hi Massimo, So, you are building the HAS MK1 planeguard.  Neat work with the internal wall detailing. Not easy!

So the seat arrangement is as you have seen in the pic above. However, just to the right of the cabin door is where the aircrewan sat/sits. There was only enough room for one and a 1/2 seats, otherwise the two seats as supplied would have stuck out into the door opening. Soundproof quilting to the cabin roof and the curtain at the reat, which you have already done. In the doorway is the aircrewman to the right, no diving gear. He operates the hoist, to his right is the diver.

You will need to fashion the intake on the nose, a sloping pane lin the upper half and a semi-circular plate to support that. then a mesh guard in the centre of the intake. I think you might find some images on my Mk1 build elsewhere on BM.

Do you have the 4+ book on the Wessex? A must have.

To answer the question about seats being folded up, we used the lapstraps to secure them.

 

Colin

Thanks Colin,

I think I may have found a picture of the seats you mean. For the roof, I'll replicate Hendie's, which looks greaat. About the nose...it's a bit early now, I'm concentrating on theinterior, as I'm travelling back to the UK and any external detail (and on a Wessie there are loads of them!!!) could come off while travelling.

I've got the 4+ book and it looks great!

 

Now a small update.

JnDBE1f.jpg

7gV1zLL.jpg

iR3kR2z.jpg

8ERlaM0.jpg

wtu1Af6.jpg

lL6HiZy.jpg

I haven't had much time, but I painted the landing gears' legs, using the same procedure: black first, then light grey, Future and Tamiya panel lines accent black.

Resin wheels will be added once avaaliable. For now I'll keep those supplied with the kit.

 

nsapQvY.jpg

PWH3sds.jpg

As I'm happy with th semi gloss finish, I decided to remove the masking tape from the windshield.I also dipped the canopy in the Future and let it dry under a glass. 

 

vhMoC2t.jpg

I also painted the front airbrakes' deflectors, the gear's and electronic bay's doors , but I didn't take any pictures. They cqn be seen at the base's front. Here I just dry fitted all small items to let her rest, waiting for my coming back.

That's all for now. I'm flying back to Cambridge now and I brought with me the Wessie and.....another mate....let's see what I can do in the next few evenings.

Ciao

Massimo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool! :worthy: :clap:

 

Ciao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your mighty Bucc looks fab Massimo

 

With decent resin wheels it will be amazing

 

I made one of my last Wessex's seats be up in the folded position, it just never got to look as good as yours will

 

I should have used the lap strap to hold it folded

 

Next time maybe

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2019 at 12:31, perdu said:

Your mighty Bucc looks fab Massimo

 

With decent resin wheels it will be amazing

 

I made one of my last Wessex's seats be up in the folded position, it just never got to look as good as yours will

 

I should have used the lap strap to hold it folded

 

Next time maybe

 

Woooops....where has the picture gone?????:(

Those seats in the picture are a real gem!!! Is there a topic about that wessex build? If so I'd really like to see it!!!

I may still decide to lift the left one,and that pic was a great reference!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi mates,

a small update. Last night I added some detail to the starboard fuselage half. Not much, but another little step.

bntjz0q.jpg

OkmFeva.jpg

Tonight I'm going out so no more modelling. 

Ciao

Massimo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Massimo !

I'm a bit jealous about your frequent Journey to U.K !!

Not to mention your skill in detailing your kits !!

Great job Man !  Congratulations !!

Sincerely.

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Massimo said:

Woooops....where has the picture gone?????:(

Those seats in the picture are a real gem!!! Is there a topic about that wessex build? If so I'd really like to see it!!!

I may still decide to lift the left one,and that pic was a great reference!!!

OK here we are, I didnt want to influence the topic is all

 

if you want it here it is

P1110963.jpg

 

This was in my HAS3 build last year or the year before in the Westland Wessex group build

Lots of scrabbling about for an average perdformance I'd say but it was fun to go that far away from my usual  stuff

 

I hadn't been resin-ing stuiff much before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hallo mates,

tonight I had some time for modelling, after work, so I started by adding the top frame tube and the sort of handle to the seats' back.

oeZywXv.jpg

 

Then I decided to go for the roof. I used the same method used for the curtain by the rear bulkhead's passage.

FBnzYbg.jpg

MjPMpUb.jpg

FfU25Wq.jpg

ytx8Xr0.jpg

l4oHN1G.jpg

I'll add the web effect over the shaft covers once they're dry.

 

Now a question for the well informed:

What's the white thing fitted to the port side of the fuselage shown in the icture below?

h8K5PZu.jpg

 

Hope somebody's got an answer!!!

Ciao 

Massimo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interiors progressing very well, Massimo :clap:

 

Ciao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Massimo said:

Now a question for the well informed:

What's the white thing fitted to the port side of the fuselage shown in the icture below?

h8K5PZu.jpg

 

Hope somebody's got an answer!!!

Ciao 

Massimo

I won't claim to be well informed but to offer an educated guess: an external fuel tank ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Massimo said:

Now a question for the well informed:

What's the white thing fitted to the port side of the fuselage shown in the icture below?

h8K5PZu.jpg

 

Hope somebody's got an answer!!!

Ciao 

Massimo

That will be an external fuel tank - as pictured and illustrated in the Modeldecal instructions back on page 1...

 

Edited by andyf117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interior is looking fabulous Massimo.  I could almost forgive it for being in the wrong service!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...