Hello an east anglian modeller

CambridgeModeller

Just wanted to say hello i am a youngish moddler from the Cambridge area and i am here to learn and see fellow modelers builds. I am at the stage where i can do an ok model (so long as i take my time) but still struggle making it look realistic i.e weathering getting depth of colour and avoiding paint/brush lines on the smaller parts i do by hand.

Model wise i make anything except maybe science fiction stuff. Usually i build whatever i have been able to get hold of at a discount so currently it is Airfix HMS Illustrious and Various 1:76 tanks although i have a variety of Revel aircraft and the Airfix (and 1 Tamiya aircraft) stuff for about 12 months in my stash. As I am relatively new to this hobby i have only recently worked out some kits are not the best so am using youtube to pre-vet my purchases. Especially since the last vulcan required so much filler to get it to fit.

Anyway looking forward to joining in the community and getting some photos up of my work.

• Like 1

Hello CambridgeModeller ... Welcome to britmodeller from America. I’m always happy to see new modellers to the hobby . I mostly deal with WW2 and Cold war Aircraft in 1/48th scale. I am however switching to 1/72nd myself due to storage issues. However if i can help about a kit or if you need a tip please ask me. Hopefully we’ll see some of your work soon ?

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Great to have some younger folk getting into the hobby. Forums like this are excellent places to find out such things as age and quality of models you intend to purchase. 

Even if an older model does not fit together fantastically well, don't be afraid to give them a go. By learning how to cope with things like fit issues, you become a better model builder.