Stuka

Ian

New project started today.

ssq2HOw.jpg

blmqVLi.jpg

Revell issue of the Hasegawa 'D' kit. A few wee extras from Quickboost & Eduard to come. Progress pics & updates as-and-when. Please feel free to make any criticism or ask any questions along the way.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

• Like 1

Progress:

RwSisXN.jpg

H7XsF04.jpg

eYXBiJc.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality phone images... so after 30mins or so masking, I had covered all the RLM02 parts of the sidewalls ready for a couple of light coats of Tamiya NATO Black - I try not to use pure black for scale effect. All went well with no bleed-through or runs. Looking forward to some 'old skool' dry-brushing over the weekend. Thanks for the comments and interest so far, folks.

Ian.

• Like 3

Some self-explanatory progress pics:

INORQ5W.jpg

H8MYlbJ.jpg

TP9m1nJ.jpg

jYxnl8r.jpg

yrEQQke.jpg

xbrzC3g.jpg

UTZTra2.jpg

19g6KXp.jpg

Still need to add more washes and a some more 'scuffing' in the 'pit - looking a wee bit too clean at the moment.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

• Like 9

The interior looks really nice. Are you going to lose that injector pin mark on the back of the pilot's head rest? I think it is going to show even when the canopies are in place.

Martian

More progress. 

viYqe5o.jpg

Quickboost resin replacement prop blades - worth getting a lot 'sharper' than the soft kit ones.

nnLrVIZ.jpg

2rHG7m6.jpg

ZwjPxXj.jpg

IuTrlyx.jpg

Main construction done and wearing its' undercoat now.

Ian.

• Like 2

More progress:

VtLNMWH.jpg

WMfk81k.jpg

Started blocking-in the camouflage a couple of days ago. Lifecolour acrylics which seem to have fallen-out-of favor nowadays but I still get very good results with them; RLM71 Dunkelgrun first.

Next was the boring masking & spraying bit, so let's skip ahead to the 'reveal' this afternoon.

6R5ozcx.jpg

AdBt85N.jpg

1TNSpMw.jpg

All looks a bit patchy or chalky just now, but after it thoroughly drys for a few days in the Spring sunshine, I'll give it a couple of passes with Tamiya 'clear' from the rattle-can and it will all even-out then. Got a couple of days in hospital so nothing until the middle of next week at the earliest.

AFN

Ian.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Back to the bench after a little lay-off whilst I built some car kits over the Christmas & New Year holiday....

X80Op6F.jpg

JxS15ml.jpg

NxOKnpA.jpg

Hasegawa swastika's and RoG Balkenkreuz all behaving very well indeed. Should get the rest done in another session or two.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

• Like 5

Decals on and sealed under a brushed coat of Johnsons Klear/Future. I'll brush another coat over the major decals before masking and applying the white(s).

8Euvyg8.jpg

VBeIWfL.jpg

Ian.

• Like 3

Kids still got another TEN DAYS off school - man, summer holidays here are endless, seven-and-a-half weeks it's inhuman. So guess who cannot get anywhere near the man-cave at the moment... :swear:

Ian.

• Sad 1