Meng Late Achzarit Heavy APC

BlackMax12

Hey, you are right with the Vallejo desert wash. That is why I don't use it as is. But drop in a bit of some brownish pigment, or even better add a few drops of Vallejo oiled earth wash to maybe 80% ... Et voila. I was about to never use the desert dust anymore, but now it is very usable again. I won't tell you the shade you get there, you have to try it for yourself ;) .Mixing is the key.

Edited by Soeren

Here it is in more natural light after a wash of Vallejo Oiled Earth.  Not as green now and the oiled earth over the desert dust looks better but probably even better if it was mixed.

I'll say it's done but still no wire for tow cables.

kPfFV16.jpgIBQDznW.jpgVceyjd1.jpg4S2itVa.jpgMvdxIjb.jpgBapH7m3.jpgvK2EYRq.jpgdcwO33Z.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks Stix

Still too glossy in places.  Wish I had some sort of brown dust to sprinkle over it but the garden is frozen and snow covered so that's out.  Maybe next spring I can finish this off.

Your Panzer III is coming along nicely.  You will have to have some deep snow on the diorama, how will you do that?

Take care,

Lloyd

Thanks Gremlin

Thanks John

Moved this over to the RFI page.

I don't have any of the fancy pigments so I tried a little experiment with some talcum powder mixed with some Tamiya Deck Tan and a little water.  I dried it over a candle

and ground it back into a powder with my mortar & pestle then used a wide brush to apply it to some of the glossier areas.  It turned out ok and really lightened the darker tones

so I guess it's better, more of a dusty look like it's been playing in the desert.

I find if I spray with Testor's Dullcoat all of the weathering I've done usually disappears.  I haven't figured out how to use oils so my weathering is usually washes or

dusting and flat sprays over that is not good.  Got lots to learn yet for sure.

Take care,

Lloyd

On 02/12/2017 at 19:43, BlackMax12 said:

Thanks Stix

Still too glossy in places.  Wish I had some sort of brown dust to sprinkle over it but the garden is frozen and snow covered so that's out.  Maybe next spring I can finish this off.

Your Panzer III is coming along nicely.  You will have to have some deep snow on the diorama, how will you do that?

Take care,

Lloyd

It looks great now in the RFI section. :thumbsup:

With regards my build I'm still not sure about what I'm doing with the base yet....

Kind regards,

Stix