PK-10 BAC 167 Strikemaster

Black Knight

• 2 months later...

With only a couple of weeks to go I need to do a couple of the easier kits, like this one

I'm converting it to a JP 5

Nose area; a plug of Milliput in the very front for when I cut into the nose for the landing light, a bit of lead and a basic cockpit, and two white metal seats

BAC%20167%20Strikemaster.%2003s-M.jpg

Surprisingly Matchbox hasn't included anything to blank off the exhaust hole, on many other kits they do, so I put in a disc of plastic card supported by a bit of sprue

BAC%20167%20Strikemaster.%2004s-M.jpg

All this got my usual matt black undercoat, when appropriate colours are applied the fuselage can be closed up. The intakes are already on the fuselage and the wings halves glued together, ready for putting on. Should have something looking like a JP 5 by tonight

• Like 5

Looking Jet P like now. I had to shim the top edge of the wings' wing roots. Putting the wings on as supplied had them with about 20 degrees dihedral; a thin card shim correct this. I added a card bulk head at the back of the cockpit as well

BAC%20167%20Strikemaster.%2005s-M.jpg

BAC%20167%20Strikemaster.%2006s-M.jpg

next up is cutting for the nose light and making the anti-spin strakes on the nose

• Like 7

Some fiddly work today. I cut the slot for the nose lights, added the strakes each side of the nose and under each engine intake. I changed the kit nose u/c doors by cutting them shorter and using plastic card for the small u/c doors. I need to add some blade aerials, put seats in and put the canopy on, some masking, then its ready for spraying of white primer. I'll probably finish the nose lights lens before its sprayed

BAC%20167%20Strikemaster.%2007s-M.jpg

• Like 7

Sprayed white primer. It showed up the centre fuselage seam so a slurry mix of Vallejo putty and Klear was painted on the seam then rubbed smooth with fine W&D, then a re-spray was needed. Masked up for some of the various colours on this one

BAC%20167%20Strikemaster.%2012s-M.jpg

First coats of Insignia Blue and Light Aircraft Grey on the wings;

BAC%20167%20Strikemaster.%2013s-M.jpg

I need to get this blue finished and first coats of red on by mid-morning tomorrow as I'm away the rest of the day

• Like 5

There was a solid triangle on the front of each u/c leg. I cut that off and replaced it with two plastic strips to represent the scissors link

BAC%20167%20Strikemaster.%2014s-S.jpg

Painting is going slowly. 3 coats [now 4] of red on

BAC%20167%20Strikemaster.%2015s-M.jpg

BAC%20167%20Strikemaster.%2016s-M.jpg

Its going to take at least one, maybe two more,  to get a the patchiness evened out. Then the masking removed and touch ups done, then small details painted before gloss varnish for decaling time

I doubt I'll have this into the gallery tonight

• Like 4

I'm waiting on a slow drying coat of red to dry, before giving this another coat.

I reckon that at this rate I'll need three more days at least to finish it

Therefore there is no chance this'll get into the gallery

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish

• Like 1
  • Sad 2