Blackburn Ripon IIF, Finland 1942, Broplan vacu 1/72

JWM

Hi, 

This is Blackburn Ripon II F of 4/LeLv 6, September 1942, Finland. Model by Broplan (inc. decals - what is rare for this producent), with scratch build details and Bristol Pegasus engine replaced by aftermarket set (Aeroclub main body+Special Hobby both collectors)

This was done within GB "flying boats and float planes"

IMG_3538 

The construction thread (with two other floatplanes: MF 11 and DT 2) is here:

Here she is:

rip DSC07092rip DSC07093

rip DSC07094

rip DSC07096rip DSC07097

rip DSC07098rip DSC07099

rip DSC07100rip DSC07101

rip DSC07102rip DSC07103

And family photo with Blackburn Shark (Frog/novo scratch converted to Mk III)

rip DSC07104

Comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek 

Edited by JWM
added last photo
  • Like 39

9 hours ago, Gazontipede said:

I really envy the way you, apparently effortlessly, get just the right amount of weathering to make the finished product really 'pop'.

Thank you for this observation. Photos shows, that the real airplanes in Finnish service were very well maintaned and they are rather clean and tidy...

Cheers

J-W

15 hours ago, jrlx said:

Very well done, Jerzy! Really impressive model and the added detail and the rigging really bring it to life!

Thank you Jaime!

14 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great looking models, Great looking Camouflage, and its Finnish

Many thanks - I appreciete

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Superb modelling Jerzy, I'm hugely impressed by this. That Finnish scheme suits it so well, you've got me thinking & scheming now.

Many thanks Steve. Rsipon  is available also as resin by Kora - but I prefere vacu over resin kit. In some way... 

I do not expect that any mainstreem company will ever made Ripon or Buffin. However in Finland there is preserved one and in New Zealand I think some reconstruction (of Baffin) is on the way - so there are existing subjects for lidaring... Who knows what future will bring? Maybe one by Airfix? :)

9 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Very nice JW, well done.

Thanks! Not all photos are sharp - the light was poor...

9 hours ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Exquisite 

Many many thanks!

3 hours ago, glatisant said:

Very fine build. Always good to see lesser known aircraft being built.

Thanks! That what I like as well!

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

Lovely job Jerzy,..... always liked the Ripon and you`ve done a great job of the old Broplane vacform kit,..... the Canadian Shark is wonderful too,..... always fancied doing one of those but the canopy has put me off.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyot said:

Lovely job Jerzy,..... always liked the Ripon and you`ve done a great job of the old Broplane vacform kit,..... the Canadian Shark is wonderful too,..... always fancied doing one of those but the canopy has put me off.

Cheers

Tony

Tony , many thanks! Regrading canopy of Shark - it is scrtach build one - as I remember glued from 11 pieces!

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

On 26.11.2017 at 7:34 PM, russ c said:

Very nice work, great job

Many thanks Russ. I like your builds and appreciete this comment :)

Thanks AaCee as well!

Regards

J-W

2 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Super work Jerzy; that plane is alive with colour and detail.

Congratulations!

Tony  - many thanks. I noticed once one of your comment on build in similar style - that effect comes from detailing and colours. This think is very essentional for the definition of visual art in general . Thank you for this synthesis.

2 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Great work & nicely rigged. I had a bash at the Frog Shark many moons ago. 

Many thanks! Ripon (Buffin) and Shark are similar in many aspects...Rigning with EZ is effective.

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hi Jerzy! Greetigs from finland! This model is amazing, my grandfather used to fly ripons in ww2, would it be possible to send me these pictures via email? I am making a picture for our family in memory of my grandfather. I would really apprecciate this! My email is [email protected]

I thank you very much in advance!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Marko Kivisoja said:

Hi Jerzy! Greetigs from finland! This model is amazing, my grandfather used to fly ripons in ww2, would it be possible to send me these pictures via email? I am making a picture for our family in memory of my grandfather. I would really apprecciate this! My email is [email protected]

I thank you very much in advance!

Hi Marko! 

Many thanks for your comment. I am very glad that you like this model. Of course please feel free to use those photos. I do not not have them in better resolution then here posted, have you just tried to download them from BM forum?

Anyway, obviously I can send them from my disc via e-mail...

Regards

J-W. M.

It would be great if you could send them via email, maybe they are packed some how in this site, im not an expert in computer stuff. If you have them, and easily can send them, would help me a lot.

I dont need underbelly pictures, only ones that are from side or from up angle.

Thaks again! 

Marko.

• Like 1