Dragon 1/35 Panzerkampfwagen 1 ausf A, Legion Condor, Spain

Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.A Spanish Foreign Legion, Granadella 1938.

This vehicle is ‘214’ from the Spanish Foreign Legion Tank Brigade, 2nd Company, 1st Battalion, 1st Platoon. This machine was based in Grandella in the province of Alicante in 1938.

The Panzer 1 was a very light armoured and under gunned tank even for the 1930’s, it was best suited to a role of infantry support as it was inadequate against other tanks.

Dragon’s Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.A is a great little kit, I found no fit issues and enjoyed the simplicity of the build, the etch exhaust shrouds are supplied in the box as well as the option to open all of the vision slits. Individual tracks are supplied in the form of Magic Tracks which are already cleaned and separated from the sprue. There is also a boxing with a full interior included.

The three tone camouflage was mixed with Tamiya acrylics to eye as the references for these early colours are a little vague. I used decals from Star Decals and masked the air recognition markings on the roof with MR Paint black & white.

img_4650.jpg?w=748

img_4652.jpg?w=748

img_4653.jpg?w=748

img_4654.jpg?w=748

img_4655.jpg?w=748

img_4657.jpg?w=748

img_4659.jpg?w=748

img_4660.jpg?w=748

img_4663.jpg?w=748

img_4665.jpg?w=748

Edited by Epimedium
  • Like 7

Looks very good. I was tempted to do mine in Spanish version, but I've chosen the German. I think I should choose this scheme as it looks more interesting then Panzer Grey.

Thanks Guys

On 23/11/2017 at 6:09 PM, Kris B said:

Looks very good. I was tempted to do mine in Spanish version, but I've chosen the German. I think I should choose this scheme as it looks more interesting then Panzer Grey.

Yes it is much more attractive