Airfix 1/600 HMS Kent county class Destroyer

Something that has as never looked right, is the space between the bridge and B turret,getting closer to parts becoming more permanent,had to bit the bullet and correct it. 

If left as it was.

3UK4sXN.jpg

With the correction ,looks right.

daOTA6C.jpg

• Like 3

I see what you mean about the position of the forward superstructure with relation to B turret. And although your correction looks better I get the feeling that the space between the forward and aft superstructure is now not right.  Do you have a copy of the Jecobin plans for the County Class? I get the feeling that the dimensions of the original Airfix kit superstructures are not correct which would not be surprising.

Your model looks good though and you have done a good job with an old and rudimentary kit. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the offer,l will close the gap,however ,the more l got into the build,the more l realised the ship that airfix produce its all wrong. Hull too long,the gap with B turret,the rear funnel too low. Also the rear mast is fitted on the forward structure on some and others on the rear.l will probably have to buy Peter's superb model.l will finish Kent. Not prefect,but fun especially at model shows were folk can't believe it's an Airfix kit ,made good .

• Like 1

Only got shipboats,seacats,crew,tiding up and  a White Ensign to fit.

The model is not perfect,but its the closest I will get,using the Airfix kit.

zrQVGUk.jpg

y5SlOsA.jpg

u3w8Idf.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ratch said:

Your work is awesome, but why so much white space in each post :please:

Yes very weird, the gaps,try to retype it,still have gaps,will have another go later.

• Thanks 1

Lovely work, i have enjoyed watching your build so far, hoping to get a few hours in on mine today and tomorrow, the wood fot the decks has arrived, and managed to find someone who produces the rn style sanctions, lol i only ordered 250 of them though

• Thanks 1