E-100 128mm Waffenträger

Andy Moore

• 1 month later...

This has been sitting around, almost finished, for way too long, but I finally found time yesterday to get it done. In truth, there wasn't that much that needed doing; just the tracks and a little extra weathering.

The tracks had been sprayed with a dark brown a few weeks ago, so they only needed fitting. Once they were on I gave them a dry-brush with a dark silver to highlight the raised areas. On a side note, previous Modelcollect E-100 tracks have come in a sand-coloured (DS type) plastic that's glue-able with styrene cement. The ones with this release were black, but I'd assumed they'd just changed the colour and that the material was the same, Turns out these are more like old school vinyl and won't stick with regular cement. You'll need super glue or something similar.

42218627532_f4abfe6b97_b.jpg

I glued the upper track run to the top of the road wheels to get the sag. They're not the best tracks in the world but, in this scale, they look fine, and they're less faff than link and length. I mixed some pigments with a little acrylic resin and matt varnish, thinned it down, and painted it over the tracks. I wiped it off the raised areas as much as possible, but I later went back and re-polished those areas with graphite powder. Some of the mud mix was splattered around the lower hull too.

42218625472_fdac084a49_b.jpg

So that pretty much finished it off. I'll get some shot up in RFI later. Thanks to everyone who's followed along, particularly to @Richard E  who very kindly supplied me with some tools and stowage to liven up the hull, and apologies that it's taken so long to finally finish it off.

42218623502_86ab20241b_b.jpg

Cheers

Andy:cat:

• Like 4

I like it. The mud on the sides of the hull you achieved using the brush and air blast with airbrush? 

Edited by Kris B
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Kris B said:

I like it. The mud on the sides of the hull you achieved using the brush and air blast with airbrush?

Thanks Kris,

The mud splattering was done by flicking the bristles of a brush against a toothpick. I've tried doing it with an air blast from an airbrush before, but I find it hard to control the effect that way.

Andy:cat: