Meng KV2 ( 02/12 Finished ! )

ScanmanDan

My latest insanity.  Just me messing about with these little critters, I do love building them as they are quick, fun and low pressure.  I have built most this in one day with part of a second fitting replacement tracks from an old 1/35 scale AFV Club Walker Bulldog cut down to fit.  No they don't look too much like the real deal but the didn't cost me nutting' and they look much better than the ugly ones that come with the kit. ( I think the tracks that come with these kits really let the whole series down) Not much more to do before paint, some storage and tarps, clean up some seams and it's off to the paint booth, YEAH!

Toon%20KV2%2002-L.jpg

Toon%20KV2%2001-L.jpg

Toon%20KV2%2003-L.jpg

We will see what I can get up to with the paint. :D

Thanks for looking in.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 7

Great work Dan. Those tracks are a big improvement on the supplied ones, despite not being for a KV. You're right about the kit tracks being a weak spot. I don't mind about them being rubber band style, I just wish they'd make them a bit more accurate.

Nice work on the fender brackets and engine grills too.

Andy:cat:

P.S. I've got the T-34 on the way from China. I'm hoping they might have improved the tracks on that one, but I'm not counting on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seahawk said:

Think this may be the first time "KV-2" and "cute" have appeared in the same title.

:D Thought the same when I read this earlier. The cute series is looking great though. I am enjoying Dan's ones here and the KV2, still not sure about the cute part^^, is looking impressive with his additions. Excellent job!

Andy - Thanks :D I'm sure going to be on the look out for your T-34, can't wait to see what magic you work on it.  I too want a T-34, and am already thinking about casting more of the ribbed wheels as replacements for the plain ones.

I wish there was a better name for these cartoon / morphed-distorted kits.  Egg, cute and cartoon just don't work for me.  I currently call them 'critters' but that's no satisfactory either.  Any ideas?

I think the biggest thing to think of about these kits is that they sure are fun!  I'm glad you guys like this little critter so far and I hope that if you have one sitting in your stash that you break it out and build it.  You'll have a blast.

More details, I'm almost ready for primer, then paint.:yahoo: 

I'm just trying to break up the finish and give me a good basis to add some paint details to.  I'm thinking of a muddy and dirty finish but I'll go with how the mood takes me.

Toon%20KV2%2005-L.jpg

Toon%20KV2%2004-L.jpg

Toon%20KV2%2006-L.jpg

Thanks for stopping by for a look.  Your guys kind comments keep my spirits up.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 3

I hope you will indulge me a second post.  Progress is rapid and I've got to the first filter stage.  

Here is where I'm at so far.

Toon%20KV2%2007-L.jpg

Toon%20KV2%2008-L.jpg

Toon%20KV2%20010-L.jpg

Toon%20KV2%2009-L.jpg

Now I just have to leave it alone for a few days and then I can get to the point washes and detail painting.  

I'm not good at leaving things alone...

I will say that I REALLY like me Silhouette cutter, best tool I have bought in ages and worth the cash.

Thanks for looking in.  I hope you like the little critter.

Dan

• Like 8

Progressing with the weathering.  Maybe a touch too much but I've never been too subtle ;)

Toon%20KV2%20011-L.jpg

Toon%20KV2%20012-L.jpg

Toon%20KV2%20013-L.jpg

Toon%20KV2%20014-L.jpg

Still close to what I had pictured in my head before I started and that is always a good sign.  I don't think I'll risk any mud effects on this one as I need way more practice.  Getting there.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Dan

• Like 4

It's looking fantastic Dan. I really like the way you break up the paint finish with the different coloured chips. Looks incredibly lifelike.

The T-34 turned up the other day. Looks very nice, but I think the Hobbyboss 1/48 tracks would be an improvement on the ones in the kit.

Andy:cat:

Edited by AndyRM101
  • Like 1

Progress;

MUD!!!

Toon%20KV2%20015-L.jpg

Toon%20KV2%20016-L.jpg

Toon%20KV2%20017-L.jpg

Not really sure if it works but I'm giving it a shot :)  Needs some more work and I have to get the tracks on somehow but I'm getting there.  Not too sure if I am totally happy with the mud but you don't improve if you never try new stuff.

Thanks for all the great comments.  

Dan 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...