Zvezda catalog 2018

Homebee

4 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Hi Luigi,

The differences are mainly in service panels. There are some extras on the Czech aircraft. I know a lot of people would not give a  . . . . about the differences. “It looks like a MiG-15 to me”. Yes, it is like a MiG-15, but there are fine details.

When we speak about a plastic model, I don’t really care about the internal parts, like the equipment fitted to the real aircraft unless it has a direct effect on the outer look of the kit (like for example the radio system and the antennas associated with it).

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks Gabor,took a quick look on some pictures through Google and spotted some differences here in there in a panel around intake ring,split intake had some kind of light/searcher don't know,riveting looked different between two models etc,even so I'm kinda covered for the exported czech built versions and I will take my time for a soviet built one

Luigi

3 hours ago, Silverkite said:

Thanks Gabor,took a quick look on some pictures through Google and spotted some differences here in there in a panel around intake ring,split intake had some kind of light/searcher don't know,riveting looked different between two models etc,even so I'm kinda covered for the exported czech built versions and I will take my time for a soviet built one

Luigi

On wing top there are some additional oval panels on Czech aircraft, or to be more precise the Eduard kits (both 72 and 144). I know that some additional panels were added in service, some are associated with the change of bomb lock. Some are damage repair just as on Polish examples. The question is which aircraft did Eduard base the original design on. So it is possible that the only the aircraft which they have studied had all these extra panels.

There is a distinct new panel or reinforcement at the base of wing root on top, slightly going under at the front. Now this one I have seen on many Czech examples and it is faithully reproduced by Eduard but was not there on any of our examples (apart from Czech airframes of which we had few) or on Russian photos.

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

Forget the Mig-15, Eduard has that well and truly covered.

What I wanted was a production Ka-52 with Russian and Egyptian transfers...

I just dont get why do they forceing this old KA-52. A They could fix it with just a half new kit. :(

16 hours ago, Borisz said:

I just dont get why do they forceing this old KA-52. A They could fix it with just a half new kit. :(

Oh, please, look how long did it take them to come up with a Mi-24P! And that's just probably 10-15 extra parts and new instruction and decals.

• Sad 1

I see that they are releasing a civilian version of their Ilyushin Il-76 TD. The original release #7011 had the two parts for the rear civilian section included with the kit ( parts F20 + F21 ) that were shaded out as they were not to used in the military version. I saw this and ordered a Rocketeer Decals sheet with a Il-76 TD in UN World Food Program from Hannants.

• 1 year later...