Zvezda catalog 2018

Homebee

Why would they go for a mig-15 (and that too the odd looking two seater ) in spite of the excellent eduard kit and not a mig-17 of which there exists not a single decent kit in this scale ?  ridiculous subject choice ! 

On scalemates that MiG-15 is linked as a rebox to Dragon MiG-15, and maybe UTI is on picture, but it is named simply as "MiG-15". Could it be just a rebox?

Really was hoping that they would go deep and produce a 48th Hind. 

They must have all the tech info (from their 72nd versions) and the knowhow to produce it, and the market would be all theirs.

I thought the Hobbyboss 48th MiG-17 was meant to be pretty reasonable.

Eduard is doing a lot of cooperation with Zvezda. The Czech’s are reboxing some of the excellent Zvezda kits, like the Mi-24 kits, or the superb Pe-2 kit. I don’t think this is a one way street. I would vote for a rebox of the Eduard UTI MiG-15.

At last Su-27UB!!!!!!! Now they only need to do the early Su-27P. The CAD was there when I visited them 4 years ago.

As for 48th scale kits. Well the man behind all the recent (and past) fantastic aircraft is no longer with Zvezda.  .  :(

Best regards

Gabor

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

Eduard is doing a lot of cooperation with Zvezda. The Czech’s are reboxing some of the excellent Zvezda kits, like the Mi-24 kits, or the superb Pe-2 kit. I don’t think this is a one way street. I would vote for a rebox of the Eduard UTI MiG-15.

Apparently Zvezda kit will have 41 parts, that less than Eduard one have, but match Dragon.

On Russian forum there's been a discussion around MiG-15. Concensus is that this is Dragon. Most likely Zvezda just buys out old molds. Open question why they put UTI picture in catalog. Dragon did not do UTI version. Maybe just a mistake.

Reason to add this to catalogue is that Zvezda in Russia is similar to Airfix in the UK. It's sold in chain stores across country - so this is a little Vanya market where Eduard is non-existent. 

But who knows - maybe they will follow with their own MiG-17.

Edited by Dennis_C

Zvezda will buy ex-Dragon mould, as did it many times before (Mi-28, Su-24, Su-24M, Su-24MR, T-72, T-80, BTR-70, BTR-80 and many others). Pictures with MiG-15UTI - mistake. What will be "secret item" - just a little patience.

• Like 2

Well, since there's already so much complaining about what isn't in the catalogue, let me add my usual complaint - a 1/72 Yak-9D or Yak-9T is overdue, and a perfect subject, for Zvezda's excellent snap-together range! Surely "little Vanya" wants a model of the aircraft which must be considered to be the Russian equivalent of the Spitfire?! ;)

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Botan said:

Apparently Zvezda kit will have 41 parts, that less than Eduard one have, but match Dragon.

I did not look at the parts number. :wall:  Stupid me. :D

It is interesting that an older kit is chosen by Zvezda for the MiG-15. I know the Eduard has some problems and it represent the Czech manufactured version but still it is almost perfect.

Good to see the Mi-24P based on the extraordinary original Hind kit. Now the only thing missing is the Mi-24D. Lets hope that one day Zvezda will get around to it too.

Best regards

Gabor

1 hour ago, John Thompson said:

Well, since there's already so much complaining about what isn't in the catalogue, let me add my usual complaint - a 1/72 Yak-9D or Yak-9T is overdue, and a perfect subject, for Zvezda's excellent snap-together range! Surely "little Vanya" wants a model of the aircraft which must be considered to be the Russian equivalent of the Spitfire?! ;)

John

YaK-9 is a clear omission from the range. But there's YaK-3 in snap-together kits section. It's like adding Spitfire Mk.V when Spitfire Mk.XI is already there. Does not add to kids market. Way more logical to add Lavochkin and Il-2 to snap-together series. Also YaK-3 has been always considered as an ultimate and 'true' Yakovlev even though it was much less numerous compared to YaK-9.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

YaK-9 is a clear omission from the range. But there's YaK-3 in snap-together kits section. It's like adding Spitfire Mk.V when Spitfire Mk.XI is already there. Does not add to kids market. Way more logical to add Lavochkin and Il-2 to snap-together series. Also YaK-3 has been always considered as an ultimate and 'true' Yakovlev even though it was much less numerous compared to YaK-9.

The Yak-9D/T is also much needed in 1/48th scale - Modelsvit's kit with the Vector fuselage is an expensive way to do it.

Why are you capitalizing the k in Yak?

Edited by Tbolt

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

I did not look at the parts number. :wall:  Stupid me. :D

It is interesting that an older kit is chosen by Zvezda for the MiG-15. I know the Eduard has some problems and it represent the Czech manufactured version but still it is almost perfect.

Good to see the Mi-24P based on the extraordinary original Hind kit. Now the only thing missing is the Mi-24D. Lets hope that one day Zvezda will get around to it too.

Best regards

Gabor

Please tell me that those differences between soviet and czech built Mig-15s is just a bunch of internal stuff and wing pylons :-\

Luigi

3 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

Good points! Okay, if Zvezda added a Lavochkin to their easy-assembly series, it would probably be a La-7, although I'd prefer an early La-5, but the La-7 has the same "hero quality" as the Yak-3, so the La-7 is more likely. I don't see a La-5FN or Il-2 as possible choices - Zvezda still has the old Italeri La-5FN and the Toko Il-2's in their 2018 product listing, although these are standard kits and not snap-togethers. The Il-2 does have that legendary combat history going for it, though.

Fun to talk about, but it'll probably never happen!

John

9 hours ago, Silverkite said:

Please tell me that those differences between soviet and czech built Mig-15s is just a bunch of internal stuff and wing pylons :-\

Luigi

Hi Luigi,

The differences are mainly in service panels. There are some extras on the Czech aircraft. I know a lot of people would not give a  . . . . about the differences. “It looks like a MiG-15 to me”. Yes, it is like a MiG-15, but there are fine details.

When we speak about a plastic model, I don’t really care about the internal parts, like the equipment fitted to the real aircraft unless it has a direct effect on the outer look of the kit (like for example the radio system and the antennas associated with it).

Best regards

Gabor