Revell 1/144 Hawkeye

Misterfriend

I'm jumping in! 

I started this sometime in January and with one thing and another she ended up languishing on the shelf of doom so I thought I'd get her done in this KUTA season. 

Done some of the subassemblies, so far everything has gone together quite nicely. The cockpit is pretty good for this scale and even has instrument panel decals, I added some tape belts but not sure how much you will see once everything is buttoned up. I boxed in the undercarriage wells and added a little bit to the exhaust as both these ares are just completely open otherwise. Also the three windows on the aft starboard side are not supplied as clear parts so I drilled and filed them and then for the glass I shoved some melted clear sprue into the hole. A few swipes with sandpaper and voila! The middle one is a fraction larger but as long as my window masks are all the same size it should look fine.

Hopefully tonight I'll get a bit done on her

Thanks

Segan

hawk4.jpg

hawk3.jpg

hawk2.jpg

hawk1.jpg

• Like 1

Added a load of weight into the front and zipped it up. Just before I attached the wing I suddenly got worried I hadn't added enough weight so I put a few more grams in there. Hopefully it's enough, fingers crossed! Just sprayed some primer along the seams and they seem pretty good, pun intended! The prop tip stripes are supplied as decals, I'm not a fan of that method and as fiddly as masking them is I'd rather that than apply 16 decals that might not look any good. So I'm masking and spraying them. 

hawk5.jpg

hawk6.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't quite finish her this weekend but did get all the decals on. The warning stripe on the fuselage is not 100% straight and I think if I made another I would mask and paint this but other than that the decals went on excellently. Will do a limited panel line wash, mainly around the control surfaces and then get some undercarriage on this beasty!

hawk8.jpg

• Like 4

Looks good Segan, missed the start of your build.

This is something I would build in 1/72 myself. When you hit the decal stage you know you are on the home run. Looking forward to seeing the glamour shots when you finish.

Thanks Rome Alpha Yankee!

Well I have finished, very nice little kit to build. The only issue I had was with masking the windscreen and that was completely my hamfisted fault and some issues I was having with my airbrush resulting in a way too heavy coat of paint in places!

Nearly came a cropper when I was taking photos for the gallery when she came up against a giant cat! 

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Segan

• Like 6