Boulton Paul Defiant

Papa4ways

Hi Folks

This is my Boulton Paul Defiant, and, I am so proud, that the Squadron Markings chosen by Airfix, happen to be Squadron 264, and, although I cannot say my Uncle, Flt Sgt Leslie Laird, actually flew in this Aircraft, he was with 264 Squadron as a Turret Gunner, this was after being the Tail Gunner in Wellington Bombers, however, I am so proud of this Model, it's sits on my desk, and I have great pride in knowing, my Uncle Les, could have, just might have, flown in that Aircraft 

No automatic alt text available.

Edited by Papa4ways
wrong picture uploaded
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, Papa4ways said:

Hi Folks

This is my Boulton Paul Defiant, and, I am so proud, that the Squadron Markings chosen by Airfix, happen to be Squadron 264, and, although I cannot say my Uncle, Flt Sgt Leslie Laird, actually flew in this Aircraft, he was with 264 Squadron as a Turret Gunner, this was after being the Tail Gunner in Wellington Bombers, however, I am so proud of this Model, it's sits on my desk, and I have great pride in knowing, my Uncle Les, could have, just might have, flown in that Aircraft 

DSCI0465_zpsmzja7acx.jpg

A lovely Defiant there, made even more special when it has a personal connection.  If you don't mind my asking- what is the scale please🖒

3 hours ago, Radpoe Spitfire said:

A lovely Defiant there, made even more special when it has a personal connection.  If you don't mind my asking- what is the scale please🖒

This one is the newish 1/48 scale from Airfix, it's actually a good kit to build