LEM 1/32 SU-17/22M4

DDELK

Hey all,

took a little break from building but now I’ve got my eyes on this resin kit. Has anyone built this? Doesn’t look like it consist of many pieces, but looks can be deceiving. I’ve never done a kit entirely made of resin which is why I thought I would get some opinions here. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

thanks

dave

Hello Dave,

I started building this kit and I can say it's one of the top-quality resin kits that is around : complete, well detailed, very well moulded (no pinholes). But it's an engineer's model : fantastically designed, but asking for a lot of thought before comitting glue to resin.

For instance the forward fuselage is a one-piece casting ! No warping, top quality...but like the famous "ship in a bottle", everything (intake, nose wheel well, cockpit) will have to be inserted from the back of the part !

The cockpit could have been a little more detailed, as the exhaust. Several parts (u/c legs, pitot tubes) are reinforced with metal rod. At first you'd think the model surface is bare, but put on a light coat of primer and very nice, petite, engraved lines appears.

No instructions, no decals (but decals exists)

HTH

Marc

Edited by MarcB