My Telford sin... Supermarine Walrus

7 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Great looking Walrus so far. I would love one of the new Airfix ones but will have to be content with the CA kit in the stash. 

How many models do you have on the go? 

Great work 

All the best 

Chris 

Thank for the kind words Chris

how many kits on the go ? I don't know but I will say around 30

Some are stalled for further historical or technical researches

some other because I need some parts, paints, decals or a better idea,

Some other just because I don't want to test fly them, so I cool down until the day " Well I will finish this now"

but there is no shelf of doom for me, Just a purgatory shelf !!

CA is also fun, sometimes...

But they do some rare and interesting models,

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

I can understand that.  I expect when I finish the house and have my own modelling room I will probably have quite a few on the go too.  I have had a tot up and have 8 on the go, which is more than I thought !!!

All the best
Chris

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

So Dears !

The beast is now closed...

41274464092_c53e59bfaa_b.jpg

And the cosmodog has received some painting...

Now wings and wheels ! And paints !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 8

On 22/03/2018 at 4:52 PM, corsaircorp said:

how many kits on the go ? I don't know but I will say around 30

Catching up on this thread again. Glad to see the beast is closed up. Was heartened at the above comment as I tend to have quite a lot on the go now that I am back into mainstream modelling. 

Cheers

Terry

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2018 at 9:21 PM, woody37 said:

Great progress Alain, my bench is messy with one on the go 🤪

Ho ! good job, do you have a WiP for her ?

Walrus year for sure, followed by a Blenheim year, come on Airfix !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Dears,

Just a little add, I did'nt forget my Pinniped !

WP_20180529_23_09_50_Pro

I take the bet to glue the lower wing before, but I think that it will be easier for the painting….

Finger crossed !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 5

And here's another Spaghetti incident !

WP_20180531_21_37_11_Pro

So, I get in France tomorrow and Saturday😩

SWMBO has a lecture up there

So 2 more evenings whitout Styrene and then evening work Week once again !

Booooooring !

Have a great modelling time and take care

sincerely.

CC

• Like 4

• 10 months later...

Hello Dears !!

As our Dear @Martian Hale is turning on boat… I picked up my Flying boat :wicked:

Because the envy of starting one more kit was really itching !!

Soooo ! It was months that I did'nt touch her !!

Secong wing on !!

WP_20190414_21_44_58_Pro

I'll prepare this part for painting  !!

WP_20190414_21_45_06_Pro

Dears, I trhink that it's Something of a genetic thing.

I'm almost born in my grand'Ma's pub…

And I spend a lot of time in this pub when I was a kid…

My parents keep a pub in the '70 and then again in the '90

I worked more than once in pubs and restaurants

And now… It's my daughter who get a job in the soccer club's pub…

WP_20190413_18_11_15_Pro

I must maybe consider again to keep a pub in my retirement time !!

And call it Something like… Mmmmh The britmodeller's burrow…. :evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

I should have Greeeaaaat cabinet with armored glasses to show my models

Look like a cunning plan…🤔

Let's think about it :beer:

Sincerely

CC

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

What finish are you putting on it CC, (the Walrus not the beer)?  It's coming on slowly, so I'm looking forward to seeing it develop.

I agree, if you are drinking draught Guinness the only place is an Irish pub, living in Dublin I have plenty of choice although TBH Guinness isn't my drink.  I found something out the other day though,  Guinness cans with the widget - don't poor them slowly, upend the can into the glass, poor it quickly then let it settle.  If the Guinness is cold then you end up with a good pint of Guinness.  All you have to do then is make sure of the even rings around the glass as you drink it....  Think Jimmy Rabbitte - The Snapper 6lb 11oz pint scene (if you know you know else YouTube is your friend)...

I have a Walrus in the stash but I want to do the RAAF BPF one on HMS Victorious.  @85sqn did a rather superb rendering of the same aircraft.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235046705-supermarine-walrus-mkii-darby-hms-victorious/&tab=comments#comment-3195596

Which is of such high quality that in my head I want to model Nick's aircraft, which I'd the wrong thing to do I need to model the real aircraft...  

Anyway as the Martlet IV has moved to a stage where I need to procure some decals to complete, I need to procure the MkXIII conversion kit for my Mosquito and need to buy a SH 1/48 Seafire III for the up coming D-Day GB all of which I can't do until after Easter, I might just tinker a little bit with the internals of the Walrus splashing a bit of paint about but not really starting anything or then again should I tinker with the Sea Fury....  Oh the pressure....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

What finish are you putting on it CC, (the Walrus not the beer)?  It's coming on slowly, so I'm looking forward to seeing it develop.

I agree, if you are drinking draught Guinness the only place is an Irish pub, living in Dublin I have plenty of choice although TBH Guinness isn't my drink.  I found something out the other day though,  Guinness cans with the widget - don't poor them slowly, upend the can into the glass, poor it quickly then let it settle.  If the Guinness is cold then you end up with a good pint of Guinness.  All you have to do then is make sure of the even rings around the glass as you drink it....  Think Jimmy Rabbitte - The Snapper 6lb 11oz pint scene (if you know you know else YouTube is your friend)...

I have a Walrus in the stash but I want to do the RAAF BPF one on HMS Victorious.  @85sqn did a rather superb rendering of the same aircraft.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235046705-supermarine-walrus-mkii-darby-hms-victorious/&tab=comments#comment-3195596

Which is of such high quality that in my head I want to model Nick's aircraft, which I'd the wrong thing to do I need to model the real aircraft...  

Anyway as the Martlet IV has moved to a stage where I need to procure some decals to complete, I need to procure the MkXIII conversion kit for my Mosquito and need to buy a SH 1/48 Seafire III for the up coming D-Day GB all of which I can't do until after Easter, I might just tinker a little bit with the internals of the Walrus splashing a bit of paint about but not really starting anything or then again should I tinker with the Sea Fury....  Oh the pressure....

Thanks Phil! I'm working my way through an Albacore right now from the Trumpy kit which is getting some spray treatment. Looking forward to seeing everything you've got on the go!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grey Beema said:

Oh Sure Grey !!

The pleasure of looking at the wavy trip of a draught guiness !!

Fascinating !!! The more you're done, the more fascinating in fact !!

Now, having me done with guiness is a dicey job... Some Irish friend learned it the hard way...

My Walrus will be a RAAF one, I'm waiting for the decals but it will be a bit special !!

Sorry but I promise no to tell too much about it...

In a few days I hope !!

Just let me knowing what you are looking for in decals... I've some...

Sincerely.

CC

6 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Now, having me done with guiness is a dicey job... Some Irish friend learned it the hard way...

Of course, you're used to strong Belgian stuff, Guinness must be almost like water for you... :rofl:

Speaking of water, looking forward to the continuation of this flying boat :clap:

Ciao

• Haha 1

Wings!!!! Nice. I really must get one of these. But I have a cupboard full of other kits. Mmuusstt rreessiisstt. 🤣

Great work CC and a pub to run in retirement you say? A fine plan. 😎

Johnny.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Wings!!!! Nice. I really must get one of these. But I have a cupboard full of other kits. Mmuusstt rreessiisstt. 🤣

Hreat work CC and a pub to run in retirement you say? A fine plan. 😎

Johnny.

Dooonnnn'ttt reeessssiiissssst, Trusssssst meeee !

It'sssss a preeeetttyyyyy gooood kit !!

I will have a special discount for BMers !! Obviously !!

Better Don't tell it to SWMBO... :rofl2:

3 hours ago, giemme said:

Of course, you're used to strong Belgian stuff, Guinness must be almost like water for you... :rofl:

Speaking of water, looking forward to the continuation of this flying boat :clap:

Ciao

Precisely My Dear Giorgio

DF7YGBkVYAEYPfH

Thank for the kind words !!

Shagbat will go on painting soon !!

Have a great modelling time !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...

Hello Dears !!

Time to resume the beast since I received this today !!

I've been badly mauled by the belgian customs !! but now at least I can show you where we go !!

WP_20190807_21_17_25_Pro

Tatzaaaaam !! I say an aussie Shagbat it will be Aaaand here we go !!

WP_20190807_21_17_12_Pro

And a Shagbat with a Pin Up !!

WP_20190807_21_17_54_Pro

I just say :worthy: Thank you Red Roo !!

Sooo !! More to come soon !

But still I will work mainly on my Rocs !!

Thanks for your support and once again Thanks to @Ed Russell

Sincerely

CC

• Like 6

We are delighted to be of service! We are pretty pleased with this decal sheet although it has taken a long, long time in research and printing. particularly the last step!

Half a dozen Antipodean Walruses on the sheet including a significant RAF one as per last paragraph above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Hello Dears,

Every time I pick up my Walrus I only see one thing...

IMG_20200415_214318

The drop down of the tail plane...

I must fix it...

Wish me good luck, I'll try something....

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1