PK-605 HP Heyford

Unkempt

All stuck together now with a coat of future.

s55VCyL.jpg

7WOXvRd.jpg

Still needs exhausts, props, windows, a few struts, tailwheel, rigging... maybe a bit of weathering, but not too much I think.

Decals are going to be for K5193; it's an option with the kit and according to the book quoted in that other thread it was one of the bomber trainers, so that's the serials sorted. I'm pretty sure I've got enough roundels and whatnot around here somewhere so off we go.

• Like 4

I have to admit, I was a bit dubious about the initial plans for a Yellow underside to this Heyford, however will happily eat my hat now to say that you’ve done a marvellous job and your bold decision has  hasomely paid off. 

Looking forward to the rigging and seeing her nicely displayed in the GB gallery..Excellent modelling.

Cheers.. Dave 

Though it's not conclusive proof, I think this Heyford looks to have yellow undersurfaces.

Hamp2001

I enlarged the picture from an image that I scanned from a 80's vintage magazine.

Hamp001

Chris

• Like 2

Thanks again guys,

On 1/1/2018 at 6:11 PM, dogsbody said:

Though it's not conclusive proof, I think this Heyford looks to have yellow undersurfaces.

Hamp2001

I enlarged the picture from an image that I scanned from a 80's vintage magazine.

Yep, this is one of the pics I was going on - I think the A-type (?) roundels on the side make it not NIVO or black, and it's not going to be Sky, so...

Anyway! Here it (provisionally) is. I've done the major outer wing rigging and given it a sort of sludge wash of my own devising for a bit of weathering.   I'm kind of sick of strings and struts right now so I'm putting it aside overnight; if I can't see anything awful about it in the morning this'll be it.  Thanks for coming along for the ride, next stop is probably the gallery.

rbpClhd.jpg

rKQrzBL.jpg

30to2sW.jpg

ZuFMGEM.jpg

MNBg5uv.jpg 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I think that just looks smashing! 

With that vibrant splash of yellow you've prettied up what some would call an ugly aircraft.

Impressive imodelling in each & every way.

Cheers.. Dave  

I am just catching up on this build and I must say I am impressed!  Really first rate.  I have one of these in the pile and I will get to it eventually.  I'll use your experience as my compass...also a very nifty looking Eindecker...

• 2 years later...