Model of a model club display 1/12

So after Telford were the model got a lot of attention, cor, ahhhs, thats brilliant and laughter etc.

heres some pics of an idea i brought to fruition.

The table and chairs are by Aoshima 1/12 plastic kit. The figure is a resin dolls house repainted in acrylics and a club badge printed in paper and applied.

The models themselves are a 1/700 type 205 submarine by OKB, Babylon 5 White metal Chronos frigate, figures both by Revell 1/72 U-boat captain and Confederate soldier, Armour models Trumpeters 1/350 Marine corp accessory set.

Trumpeter 1/350 Corsair, Hellcat and Arado 196, Aoshima 1/700 Ka-25 Hormone and Yak Forger. Bronco 1/350 AV-8B and a couple of egg plane zero's from a Chibi Maru IJN Carrier and a Bronco 1/350 Schnellboot.

All hand painted in humbrol enamels.

First pic taken at Telford

Table%201_zps8jhkqps6.jpg

Some close up pics

Table%202_zpssumygmw4.jpgTable%203_zpsqcxsdrip.jpg

Table%204_zpsvrflwj0p.jpg

Table%205_zpsowur3gqx.jpg

All the best Chris

• Like 37
  • Thanks 2

I saw this at Telford and it stopped me in my tracks.  I remember saying that it represented to me the whole idea of a model club, and show. I've seen photos of "the table" in a number of other places and that I think represents its "wow" factor.

For me, it may well be the club table model of Telford. Absolutely great idea and great execution.

:yes:

• Like 2

A great idea and wonderful execution.

I can even overlook the accuracy issues (modeller is too young, too slim, too well-dressed AND too clean shaven! ;)) [All comments are entirely tongue-in-cheek and do not necessarily represent the poster's actual opinion]

Now... where can I get those 1/6th scale figures from Revell??? hee hee... ;)

Kev

• Haha 5

I like it!!! I recalll just a couple years ago, around the early 1970s, there was one on display at an early IPMS Nationals at Hendon. It was a model of a Model competition. There was a black and white photo of it in a Scale Models magazine of the time!

• Like 1

Chris

Fantastic. It was an inspired idea and reminds us all that we are supposed to enjoy ourselves in this hobby and have some fun.

If I have one criticism, it is that you forgot to put thick black panel lines on all the aircraft. I put this down to your inexperience with aircraft modelling. I shall let you borrow my black Sharpie pen so you can make suitable alterations. 😙

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Superb!

Wonders if there could have been a diorama on the desk as well, and that diorama was a diorama of the desk with the models and the diorama on it, and on the desk of that diorama was a desk with the models and the diorama on it, and on the desk of that diorama was a desk with the models and the diorama on it, and on the desk....

I am getting sleepy.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Haha 5

Many thanks to all for your kind comments, Chocksaway ill take you up on your panel line advice at the next meeting, sharpie in hand.

As for the idea of a table on a table, ill leave that to someone braver than me, 1/12 and scaling down aircraft etc was a big enough challenge for me, using the tips of cocktail sticks to add details, smaller doesnt bare thinking about.:penguin:

All the best Chris

• 3 months later...

I love this and great execution, really love the E-boat.

About 30 years ago one of our more prolific builders here in Salt Lake City went for a similar plan only he focused on the judging.  Judges are the Tamiya Pit Crew in 1/12th, the lady is from the old MPC Bionic Woman set.

um7PMND6GlCX_svbNoJ5354Tqoene7Qs36SnknlE

-SHniC65Ludp2_0mhLrbwiwA5hhblW6rPKV3l6T4

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...

It was recently shown in March's issue of Scale Aviation Modeller International's report on the MEE exhibition at Ally Pally.

Thanks for all the great comments and likes.

All the best Chris