Kitty Hawk 1:48 Su-35

March

Is it too late to join?

Like a few folks here I’ve acquired the recently released Kitty Hawk Su-35. I tend a minor sprinkling of aftermarket - the AMUR Reaver cans are a must if you wish to achieve that tell tale drop of the thrust vectoring exhausts when powered down. I also have the Eduard Steel Belts and masks, plus the Begemot decals for this machine.

DEA77145-2_C60-420_C-9324-_C4116149_A615

I have made a start on the pit, using the new Mr. Paint acrylic “Sukhoi Cockpit blue grey” for the tub. Having looked at the supplied decals for the consoles I’ve decided against using these, but will carefully cut out the screen elements of the decals and use these.

E32_B64_E1-5327-4274-_AAEF-082_F83_A1_B9

Edited by March
  • Like 2

On 17/11/2017 at 17:49, March said:

Is it too late to join?

Like a few folks here I’ve acquired the recently released Kitty Hawk Su-35. I tend a minor sprinkling of aftermarket - the AMUR Reaver cans are a must if you wish to achieve that tell tale drop of the thrust vectoring exhausts when powered down. I also have the Eduard Steel Belts and masks, plus the Begemot decals for this machine.

I have made a start on the pit, using the new Mr. Paint acrylic “Sukhoi Cockpit blue grey” for the tub. Having looked at the supplied decals for the consoles I’ve decided against using these, but will carefully cut out the screen elements of the decals and use these.

Wow!

Edited by Greg B
Removed the pointless reproduction of photos for a one word reply. Use the edit function.

• 5 months later...

Apologies for not completing this. I’ve only just picked up work on the model again this past week. Without going into too much detail, the last 5 weeks of 2017 were on a personal level, some of the most challenging I’ve faced, I even managed to break my leg just before Christmas, which actually provided some respite (it at least gave me something else to worry about).