Help the American Museum in Britain

Mike

I've had the following request in from Dr Cathryn Spence, the Curator of Archives at the American Museum in Britain, who is looking for some models for their displays.  It's the perfect excuse to put some of your models in someone else's cabinets to make some space for your new ones!  Have a read, and if you can help out, drop her an email, telling her what you can help with, and where you saw her request :)

The American Museum in Britain (just outside Bath) is holding an exhibition about America in WW1 next year (mid-March to end October 2018). We have some model planes on loan from the Fleet Air Arm Museum, but they do not have examples of all the planes we need to represent. Would anyone on this forum be willing to lend the museum model(s) for the exhibition? Or, if we were to buy the kits would anyone be willing to paint the models to an expert quality?

The aircraft/seaplanes we need to represent are:

1. SPAD XIII or/and VII
  2. Felixstowe F.2 or/and F.5
  3. Curtiss (Jenny or model H -12)
  4. Caproni
  5. Hanriots
  6. Airco DH. 4
  7. Nieuport

I will need to check the scale of the Fleet Air Arm models (they are from the Tim Elsmore collection) but I don't think the models all need to be exactly the same ratio, but within a range.

Very grateful to receive any advice and offers of help from the forum members.

Thank you.

Dr Cathryn Spence

Curator of Archives

American Museum in Britain

Claverton Manor

Bath BA2 7BD

[email protected]