I just ordered this - FW-190 content - question added

Drift

The kit shares most of its parts with Revell's earlier FW 190F-8, released a couple of years ago. You should be able to find many reviews and builds of that kit.

Here is a nice article from the "Large Scale Planes" forum, comparing the Revell F-8 with its main rival, the early-2000's-vintage Hasegawa kit. Lot of good reference links later in the thread, too:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=56507&page=1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDriskill said:

The kit shares most of its parts with Revell's earlier FW 190F-8, released a couple of years ago. You should be able to find many reviews and builds of that kit.

Here is a nice article from the "Large Scale Planes" forum, comparing the Revell F-8 with its main rival, the early-2000's-vintage Hasegawa kit. Lot of good reference links later in the thread, too:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=56507&page=1

Thanks  for this, this one is a new tool I believe, ,so maybe some of the issues mentioned in the link above might have been corrected. 

I recently built the earlier FW190 - F8 version of this kit, and I can say without hesitation that you won't be disappointed with this kit. Fit is very good, and any slight niggles were of my own doing, so enjoy !  :cheers:

2 hours ago, Drift said:

You just lost your next paycheck. Been told on LSP forum that it's a real PITA to get to fit properly.

Point taken...but I understood your question to mean, "are the kit bits with which the detail set interfaces, the same in the F-8 and A-8 kits?" The answer to that is, "yes."

Again, I haven't built either kit, and don't own the detail set.