For the ashes of their fathers and the temples of their gods. (1/72 IBG RWD-8)

I'm normally loathe to do RFIs, especially when, as in this case, my own clumsiness lets a good kit down, but this is perhaps a special circumstance, as much of the kit in question was a gift. 

Earlier this year, which seems about a hundred years ago at this point, I built some Polish Spitfires. I guess some people liked the thread, because I got a PM from @GrzeM , who had seen I was interested in building IBG's RWD-8 kit; Grzegorz knows some of the people over at Arma Hobby (now lamentably out of the resin game, though I'm excited to see what they'll do in the plastic kit arena), and he'd showed my build thread to them; they offered to send me their corrected resin wing and engine cowl for the kit, and Grzegorz, who knew I wanted to build a Polish air force model (none of IBG's two, soon to be three boxings of the kit have PAF markings, even though for one, a Polish air force aircraft is the box art!) scrounged around and found some exceedingly rare decals to allow me to build one. All of this was exceptionally kind on the part of everyone concerned, especially seeing as, having seen some of my builds, they knew the end result would not necessarily show their products to advantage. 

There are a number of errors present here, all of my own making. The only suitable Polish national markings I had were for PZL P.7s and P.11c aircraft, and those are noticeably larger than the ones on the RWD-8. Additionally, I carelessly damaged the serials, which were red, and had to replace them with some WW1 Pegasus RFC serials and the kit RWD.8 rudder markings, which are black and white, respectively. Any other errors you spot are of course also my own. I'm also, as you'll soon see, a poor photographer. 

Build thread here.

20171114_210352

20171114_210420

20171114_210511

20171114_210546

20171114_210657

20171114_210643

• Like 42

Superb modelling skills on display there.  A very interesting and attractive aircraft that looks to have Tiger Moth, Auster and Stampe DNA.  BTW, excellent photography, with good diffused lighting . 

Good to see the RWD finished! Not bad at all! The black numbers on the fuselage are very probable.

Excellent idea to present it with the Polish squadron Spitfire - it is very probable that Spitfire's pilot got primary flight training in Poland on the RWD-8 which was most numerous basic trainer in my country, something like Tiger Moth in UK.

Edited by GrzeM
  • Like 3