1:72 Hasegawa Grumman/General Dynamics F-111B Conversion "Beta Tomcat"

Hi again Bill,

I'm late to this particular party but have just caught up with this thread, and your build thread for this. What a superb example of a great aircraft. One of my favourites. As a youngster I had the Revell kit and I made the Navy version. I one day plan to do that again, properly this time, and your build is an inspiration. The problem is all your builds are inspiring me! I was so taken with the TSR2, I just bought one off ebay! Need to plan that one in the schedule after a couple of Sabres, a sedbergh glider and an F-5E, amoungst a few other things brewing!

Keep building and keep inspiring!

Cheers

Terry

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

@Navy Bird, this is just an amazing build! Bravo! :worthy:

What an outstanding reference for the 1:144 build I have planned. I especially appreciate the details on the markings, which I too am going to have to make for myself.

Thanks @Serkan Sen for bringing this thread forward again...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Serkan Sen said:

Wonderful  build, great work. I will use your very detailed WIP as well as reference pictures in my 1:48 build.

5 hours ago, dnl42 said:

What an outstanding reference for the 1:144 build I have planned. I especially appreciate the details on the markings, which I too am going to have to make for myself.

Thanks mates! It was a fun project. Be sure to get a copy of Tommy Thomason's monograph on the F-111B, as it is the best reference for all of the detail differences between the F-111B prototypes. It was indispensable for my build.

Looking forward to seeing your conversion projects here on BM!   :)

Cheers,

Bill