1/6 Spiderman by Horizon

This is my 1/6 spiderman model which was built as a commission piece with a custom base, it was good fun to do and I'm really happy with how the base came out. Initially I thought it would look a bit clunky but I actually really like the size which helps to showcase the classic covers that go around it.

Heres a link to the WIP topic

And here are the final pics

38366987541_915ed499cd_c.jpgSpiderman-4 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

38366951501_4388198d3f_c.jpgSpiderman-10 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

37653074514_0ff2e03324_c.jpgSpiderman-7 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

26591539689_1e8b73050a_c.jpgSpiderman-8 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

38336154972_fafd6d9bbd_c.jpgSpiderman-9 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

38336160912_d3d691977b_c.jpgSpiderman-11 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

24496663078_680edbcc1c_c.jpgSpiderman-1 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

38367001841_01938a772c_c.jpgSpiderman-2 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

38336236292_dcd7bfb541_c.jpgSpiderman-5 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

38366963531_ca13ccac32_c.jpgSpiderman-3 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

38336199972_94f158010a_c.jpgSpiderman-6 by Nick Frost, on Flickr

So glad this is finished so I can focus on my sci fi sculpt! Thanks to all who contributed to the wip and as always comments and questions are welcome.

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words guys! :)

On 11/27/2017 at 4:56 PM, tiking said:

The painting of the webs must have taken you a long time to do. Well done.

Actually it wasn't too bad, no denying it was a bit of a tedious process, but I used a .01 fine liner which made it much easier than it could have been

I really miss those old vinyl companies, especially Horizon! Such great subjects and a genre that's sorely missed. I've taken to collecting some of the kits now. They're getting more rare of course. Diggin this one, the presentation is tip top!

• Like 1

Fantastic work, but I'm curious: did you ever think about doing the webbing under his arms? Or does he no longer have that these days? I always remember it as an interesting part of Spidey's costume, most notably in the early Ditko issues, but since the costume has changed subtly since then -- seen here in the form of the post-McFarlane big eyes -- I would not be surprised to learn that the webbing has gone. Easier on the artists, I suppose -- not to mention modellers. :-)

• Like 1

On 07/12/2017 at 5:03 AM, Habu12 said:

I really miss those old vinyl companies, especially Horizon! Such great subjects and a genre that's sorely missed. I've taken to collecting some of the kits now. They're getting more rare of course. Diggin this one, the presentation is tip top!

Thanks! And yeah i agree I'd love to see some new vinyl kits being produced, its a swine at times but i love working vinyl kits, just a shame a lot of them are now out of my price range 

On 08/12/2017 at 9:53 PM, Tarkas said:

Fantastic work, but I'm curious: did you ever think about doing the webbing under his arms? Or does he no longer have that these days? I always remember it as an interesting part of Spidey's costume, most notably in the early Ditko issues, but since the costume has changed subtly since then -- seen here in the form of the post-McFarlane big eyes -- I would not be surprised to learn that the webbing has gone. Easier on the artists, I suppose -- not to mention modellers. :-)

Cheers! Yes actually i have, but the closest I've got to actually got to doing it is recreating the web cape of Spiderman 2099 on a modded version of this kit for a build a while back

3 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

Thanks! And yeah i agree I'd love to see some new vinyl kits being produced, its a swine at times but i love working vinyl kits, just a shame a lot of them are now out of my price range

AFM did a great synopsis of the industry in this issue: http://www.culttvmanshop.com/Amazing-Figure-Modeler-49_p_1625.html

If you can find it, it's a great read. But unfortunately, I doubt vinyl will ever come back. Not in this day of 3D printing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...