Dune Crawler & Sentinel

How do chaps,

I really enjoy building these kits and use them as a mojo booster when my modelling interest drops of from time to time.

Onager Dune Crawler. Lovely kit then went together really well. Tweaked the build a bit as I wasted the twin cannon without the missile launcher section. Nice and easy to do this. I decided to paint this up in dull desert colours as opposed to the bright colour scheme that the Skitaari use. I think it suits the muted 'Afrika Korps' type scheme quite well. Was painted with Tamiya, Vallejo and GW paints. The base was covered with sand and the rocks are stones from the garden.

glnzVfZ.jpg

nsYWFMJ.jpg

aQRzzWd.jpg

This is the 4th Sentinel kit that I've built in recent years. I really like these little kits. decided to do this one as some sort of 'urban demolition' type vehicle. Painted in GW paints and washes. The brick rubble is made up from some plaster brick rubble that I've had for years.

MjFIQN3.jpg

tPfRhqT.jpg

X6oZboZ.jpg

6wSnH6G.jpg

Apologies for the wobbly photo's but these were just some quick shots whilst I had the camera out.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Kind regards,

Steve

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, Steve_farrier said:

Usually i model tanks. But found myself in GW Saturday mooching through the kits for inspiration to different things. Came out with nothing except a freebee Space marine. Actually made me smile a lot ! 

Nice work. Loving the camp scheme 

Thanks,

Tanks are usually my thing too but I've now managed to build a bit of a stash of GW stuff. Great mojo boosters and the best bit is you can paint them exactly as you want to!

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

Always nice to see some nicely-built GW stuff on here. The sentinel colours are great - warm yellow vs. blue-black. The Onager looks very serious in the khaki too.

Cheers,

Will

• Thanks 1

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:28 AM, Will Vale said:

Always nice to see some nicely-built GW stuff on here. The sentinel colours are great - warm yellow vs. blue-black. The Onager looks very serious in the khaki too.

Cheers,

Will

Thanks Will. High praise indeed coming from a GW painting master such as yourself! B)

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, Gimme Shelter said:

that's a very nicely painted piece - I am trying to get an idea of its size though - if it is as small as I think it is, you have done a surgeons job in delicate detailing.

Hi Gimme,

The Sentinel stands about 4 inches tall from the feet to the top of the antenna and the Dune Crawler is a fraction taller. :yes:

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:26 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

I like them too.

Thank you sir :D

8 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

I'm the same,scale and models are new to me?I'm a AFV builder,but I am always keen to build something new,and your great work on these kits have inspired.Cheers. 

Hi Jim and thanks. The Games Workshop stuff has no scale as such. but I've heard it said that they scale out at about 1/56ish :smirk:

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:46 AM, rockpopandchips said:

They are fantastic, really like them.

Thanks rockpop. :D

7 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

Lovely looking builds. The earthy tones definitely suit them.

Andy:cat:

Thanks Andy, much appreciated :D

Regards,

Steve

• Thanks 1