Chieftain Mk. 5 TAMIYA

Chieftain Mk. V Tamiya

Following my Mom’s rule „don’t open a new bag of crisps until the old one is empty” the new Takom Cieftains have to wait in the build-one-day-corner until all the old Tamiya Chieftains have been used up.

So this one is my first attempt to create a rusty wreck. It was inspired by some cool pics in the web showing some old hulks on the shooting ranges of the AFV Gunnery school at Lulworth Camp. Main focus was on the painting, so I didn’t spent to much time with the build. The rubber tracks aren’t nice, but as this was a “build it or bin it project” I couldn’t be bothered to spend money in aftermarket parts or upgrades. The model is out of box, I just added some scratch parts for the inside of the turret. Painting was done with Revell Acryl, weathering with Lucas oil paint and pigments from MIG and CMK.

• Like 15

A superb exercise in weathering and rust there! Oh, and that AP hole deserves a special mention! Excellent.

I'd like to say that I've actually fired at this old Chieftain, but I'm that old it wasn't there when I was!

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder

On 12.11.2017 at 22:00, Badder said:

A superb exercise in weathering and rust there! Oh, and that AP hole deserves a special mention! Excellent.

I'd like to say that I've actually fired at this old Chieftain, but I'm that old it wasn't there when I was!

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder, thanks for the nice feedback.

One question: to old for the Chieftain, how old are you, mate? And what did you fire at? Chariots??  ;-)

All the best, cheers

T.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tobby the Hun said:

Hi Badder, thanks for the nice feedback.

One question: to old for the Chieftain, how old are you, mate? And what did you fire at? Chariots??  ;-)

All the best, cheers

T.

:D 52 and amongst others a Centurion, the tank, not the Roman officer type!

Rearguards,

Badder