Hobbyboss 1/35 M35 Mittlere Panzerwagen (ADGZ-Daimler)

Sairou

u4G9z9N.jpg

eu6b7Ar.jpg

PBqBJdC.jpg

9bnLtea.jpg

jo2pTAl.jpg

VVoAN5H.jpg

So, this was a quick paint job by my standards, considering I painted the base coat this time last week, but it's certainly one I'm proud of. I feel like the weakest aspect of the weathering are the wheels, however the paint did not want to stick to them, making me loathe to try too much.

• Like 4

Great! I love this little vehicle. You can see the genes that spawn the likes of the Hanomag, and the light armoured cars and indeed heavy armoured cars in this.

I don't know why you had trouble with getting the paint to 'stick' to the 'wheels'. Do you mean the tyres? Are they rubber tyres or plastic?

Reaguards,

Badder

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Badder said:

Great! I love this little vehicle. You can see the genes that spawn the likes of the Hanomag, and the light armoured cars and indeed heavy armoured cars in this.

I don't know why you had trouble with getting the paint to 'stick' to the 'wheels'. Do you mean the tyres? Are they rubber tyres or plastic?

Reaguards,

Badder

Rubber tires! I learned from my mistakes and thoroughly washed the tires on my latest model (link below), and have been careful not to handle them too much, and I've had no real issues. I heard that PVA glue on the rubber tire can help paint stick.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sairou said:

Rubber tires!

I'll spell it tyres cos I'm English :D

I don't know if it's any help at all but in Tiking's last diorama he had to deal with rubber tyres and he sprayed them with matt varnish first. I have to say the effect of 'old rubber' he got was very realistic.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Badder said:

I'll spell it tyres cos I'm English :D

I don't know if it's any help at all but in Tiking's last diorama he had to deal with rubber tyres and he sprayed them with matt varnish first. I have to say the effect of 'old rubber' he got was very realistic.

Rearguards,

Badder

:worry: I, uhh, thought I'd spelt it wrong- funny how Americanisms seep into our lexis, isn't it?

10 minutes ago, Sairou said:

:worry: I, uhh, thought I'd spelt it wrong- funny how Americanisms seep into our lexis, isn't it?

Sure is buddy! :D

Have a look at these rubber tyres by Tiking. Page 2 armour RFI

The M972F w/Excavator               

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

I have a book that I purchased some years back and it has a few photos of this machine and I must say you make it look like it's just jumped off the pages well done 🤓🖒

• Like 1