Boeing 747-200F Air China Hasegawa 1/200

The last of the Hasegawa bunch off my production line for the moment...

This 747 sat on the shelf of doom very long.Actually planned as British Caledonian 747-200 with General Electric engines,it ended up back in the box when I realized that the Caledonian decals were impossible to apply.

A few months ago I found the nice Liveries Unlimited decal set for the Air China 747 fleet,so I decided to save the Jumbo and redo it as a Cargo 747.

In my spare part box I had a complete set of Pratt&Whitney engines and so the project was on.

I repainted the fuselage and put all the pre-build parts together,decals on and the refurbished 747 will now find its place as a frighter version in my collection.

Unfortunately,Liveries Unlimited missed to include the side cargo door on their decal sheet,so I had to find one in my spares.Help came in the shape of an 1/144 DC-10 cargo door which fits surprisingly well...

Hasegawa's Boeing 747s are very nice and detailed.

They produced the 747-100/200,747-300 and the 747-400 and also added individual engines depending on the airline markings they had included.

I still have a larger number of Hasegawa 747s in my stash waiting to be built.

Cheers,

20171110_130004.jpg

20171110_130014.jpg

20171110_125940.jpg

20171110_125926.jpg

20171110_125903.jpg

20171110_130035.jpg

• Like 14

I like this one Alex, beautifully finished as ever but it's too clean!!! The wings and rudder hinge at least needs some dirt streaks and runs!

You're certainly flying through these love liners aren't you, slow down or you might run out of kits!

I've had a number of Hasegawa kits over the years but I've never finished any of them, I don't know why because they really do look good the shapes are spot on.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

I like this one Alex, beautifully finished as ever but it's too clean!!! The wings and rudder hinge at least needs some dirt streaks and runs!

You're certainly flying through these love liners aren't you, slow down or you might run out of kits!

I've had a number of Hasegawa kits over the years but I've never finished any of them, I don't know why because they really do look good the shapes are spot on.

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you Ian.

Don't worry,there are still a great many airliner kits in my stash :rolleyes:

The reason of this output is,that all of them had be started by me in the last years and stayed mostly partially build in the box.

All I had to do now,was painting and decalling them and put the parts together.

I decided to go through my pre-started kits and finish them before getting on with new projects

I started weathering my 1/144 and larger scale airliners but I usually like to keep them factory fresh.

The Hasegawa airliners will be kept all factory fresh.

Looks lovely!

So far i’m not doing too well with 747-200’s...  I had a Revell 1:450 one that I got when I started on my Titanic (Used it to build up my skills before applying them on my Titanic) and it now sits part finished. Couldn’t get the decals to form correctly around the nose and I destroyed them.

My other one that I purchased the other week, (Revell 1:390 Air Canada) and may do a WIP on, is needing a lot of work and I don’t possess the skills needed to make it look really good.  That said, they where both cheap and I will learn a few things from it before I crack on with my bigger and hopefully better kits.

But the 747 you have built looks fantastic!

Edited by BluesModeller
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...