Harrier GR3 questions thread

Paco

Hi. I changed the title to include any and all details regarding The Harrier GR1/3 so that we can all benefit from this. I left the original question asked before to get in the mood of things. Thanks all for you participation.

Hi everyone. I was wondering if there are any photos anywhere on the net that show the cockpit without the seat installed so as to see all the details inside? I've been googling all possible combinations I could come up with but found nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Paco

Nothing in my collection or the Harrier SIG's for the GR3  I'm afraid to say, other then the diagrams in the APs. Not even from a cockpit restoration one of our members did years back.

You could email a company in the UK called Jet Art who have restored a GR3 recently; I'm sure they will have photos and I'm sure we'd all be interested to see any you get.

Cheers

Nick

On 11/10/2017 at 11:26 PM, Paco said:

That was my old cockpit, I saved it when the fuselage was scrapped - took a bit of fighting for I can tell you and I was desperate to retain the intakes.

I sourced many parts for it, including some that were original to XZ993.

I was gutted to part with it but I came to the conclusion that it would need more funds to restore than what I could throw at it and do it justice.  It is now in really good hands and looking very good indeed.

If you need a further pics just let me know.

• Like 1

That must have been quite an ambitious undertaking to want to restore such a piece. All I can say is hats off to you Sir! I could use any and all photos I can get. I'm currently working on a GR3 converted from the old Monogram Hawker Harrier and the cockpit (among many other details ) are lacking. I'm totally redoing the cockpit section at the moment. Therefore, yes, if you have further pictures showing the cockpit tub, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the offer. Cheers!

Francis

Paco, if you don't mind (happy to remove my post if you would prefer me to raise these requests elsewhere), could I also request any pictures for the GR.3 refuelling areas plus any other inspection bays that would be opened for, well, inspection :smile: or access to the various electronics bays!

Alternatively, does anyone know of a Harrier GR.3 walkaround that will show these areas that is either available in book form or on the internet?

7 hours ago, Tony C said:

Paco, if you don't mind (happy to remove my post if you would prefer me to raise these requests elsewhere), could I also request any pictures for the GR.3 refuelling areas plus any other inspection bays that would be opened for, well, inspection :smile: or access to the various electronics bays!

Alternatively, does anyone know of a Harrier GR.3 walkaround that will show these areas that is either available in book form or on the internet?

Tony, I don't mind at all! It could be very informative. Let's see if we can get the moderators to turn this into a Harrier ask all your questions here thread :)

On 11/15/2017 at 11:33 PM, Paco said:

That must have been quite an ambitious undertaking to want to restore such a piece. All I can say is hats off to you Sir! I could use any and all photos I can get. I'm currently working on a GR3 converted from the old Monogram Hawker Harrier and the cockpit (among many other details ) are lacking. I'm totally redoing the cockpit section at the moment. Therefore, yes, if you have further pictures showing the cockpit tub, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the offer. Cheers!

Francis

I will try and upload some more to my Flickr page some time soon.

One thing that is worth looking at in those pics is how the auxiliary blow-in doors feed in to the main intake area.

I haven't got pics of the other areas being asked for, not sure if the relevant pictures are there but the forum Harrier walkaround is here,

28 minutes ago, 71chally said:

I haven't got pics of the other areas being asked for, not sure if the relevant pictures are there but the forum Harrier walkaround is here,

:facepalm: not sure why but I never seem to remember the BM Walk Around Section, must try harder...