Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

Yup, got me on the, the other half knows more than me, the same breeder does this colour (seal?), quite dark brown ones (chocolate) and grey I think but I'm not up on the subtleties of them.

Steve.

I'm told his colour is chocolate, the dark brown ones are called seal. Afaik, these are just colour variations on the same breed. I found this page which seems to match our guy. :)

Here are a couple of photos of Minette. She resides with our nextdoor neighbour. She was a feral cat who we used to feed when she was a kitten. Her and her brother would be there every morning, waiting at the back door for their breakfast. Our neighbour adopted her, and I don't know what happened to her brother, but Minette, seems to spend more time in our garden than anywhere else.

And yes, she is sleeping with one leg up in the air. That's why I didn't take the photo from the other side. It would really have compromised a lady's dignity!

a4009e94-f040-4024-ba55-4189bcf95ab3.JPG

30e2a2ba-644f-4a00-9b5e-071b700a07fe.JPG

John.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I've enjoyed this thread & chipped in with the odd comment, now, having mastered(ish) the vagaries of taking photos with phones, xferring them onto flicker, back onto the PC, resizing them & xferring them back to flicker ( I'm sure there is an easier way, learn to resize on my phone maybe ) I'd like you all to meet Marty, as in McFly, Back to the Future etc, a name we could all agree on after tossing around Billy & Jonesy among others. Marty is a just over 8 month pedigree Burmese & a right little handful, curious to a fault, a mad as a box of frogs very often & a cunning as all heck, He has begun to get his humans trained up the way he wants them. Apparently like most of the asian derived breeds, he loves to climb & be high & has decided his rightful place is on the bench, not ideal when one is preparing a meal. We or rather she, started buying cat treats & bribing him down from there, this after spraying with water had virtually zero effect. Now, he jumps onto the bench, stands there expectantly waiting to get scolded & then jumps down & heads straight to the pantry where the treats are kept. Cunning or what, we've created a monster.  As with @Nev's beautiful wee cat above, bags & boxes are grist to his mill, even this one up on the bench after being unpacked after a trip to the supermarket.

50127662863_b540d94c80_b

50128451757_ed01167f3f_b

Here we are in front of the pantry, waiting on a treat. How could one refuse that imploring demanding just bloody well get on with it look. ;) :D 

50128453027_4eff80c128_c

Steve.

What a beautiful little monster, Steve. I'm absolutely Burmese-crazy but never had one choosing me as his personal slave.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Here's our girl cat, she was a rescue, found her on the internet.She passed in 2018, had cancer. Have not got a new one yet.She was so mild, had a great personality, she is missed.

20141030-161516.jpg

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, Tojo72 said:

Here's our girl cat, she was a rescue, found her on the internet.She passed in 2018, had cancer. Have not got a new one yet.She was so mild, had a great personality, she is missed.

20141030-161516.jpg

So sorry for your loss - she looks like she was a lovely little person.

• Like 1

Heartfelt sympathies, Tojo. We also lost a companion to cancer in 2018. Sacha was his name. Kindest furry friend we ever had, who stayed very close to my wife as a very personal support during the 5 months of her illness and recovery period. Ever since we live here there has been a visitor that decided to make our home his. But at the time it was "Not any more, it won't be the same. It isn't him or her".... and so on. Still another neighbor's cat decided he liked it here, paid us visits more and more often, and so progressively we were able to give and receive again. Thanks to Musty.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand if this cat is a

goalkeeper

or a golfer .....

golffootball  is there such a game?

😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

He's definately outclassed by this furry striker...

This cat known for a long time as a "cat Behemoth" ,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth_(Master_and_Margarita)

A.Bulgakov

640px-%D0%91%D1%83%D0%BB%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%

described him in his novel "The Master and Margarita":

😉😁👹

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a "Cat on a Hot Tinroof" more of a "Hot Cat on a Soft Mousematt"! :lol:

spacer.png

We have 29,9 C at the moment so I don't blame her! :phew:

How can one game like this?:

spacer.png

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen
Another cute picture of cat
  • Like 10
  • Haha 6

Hi Hans! Yes we also have ‘dead cat syndrome’ here too. I can’t make out if they actually like the heat (sitting in the sunlight) or not, (hiding under the table in the shade)!

Trevor

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Hi Hans! Yes we also have ‘dead cat syndrome’ here too. I can’t make out if they actually like the heat (sitting in the sunlight) or not, (hiding under the table in the shade)!

Trevor

Hi Trevor! :)

I read somewhere - Calvin and Hobbes, I think - that cats are classified as liquids! Makes sense! :lol:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Haha 4

I was doing some bedmaking and I propped the mattress upright to air for a few minutes while I put clean pillowcases on and this little lad jumped up on the mattress edge and decided he was going to sleep there for a few hours.

50210489652_8c68319233_b.jpgHeinz mattress by Stuart, on Flickr

He is a rescue cat from Llandudno and hes called Heinz because he was found at the recycling centre with his head stuck in a Heinz baked bean tin trying to lick the juice out

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Attention those who exceed the speed limits on the roads!  New control complex:

169494_original.jpg

Violators will not get away from the fine!

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 13

On 8/10/2020 at 3:19 PM, AltcarBoB said:

I was doing some bedmaking and I propped the mattress upright to air for a few minutes while I put clean pillowcases on and this little lad jumped up on the mattress edge and decided he was going to sleep there for a few hours.

50210489652_8c68319233_b.jpgHeinz mattress by Stuart, on Flickr

He is a rescue cat from Llandudno and hes called Heinz because he was found at the recycling centre with his head stuck in a Heinz baked bean tin trying to lick the juice out

Cute. Could also have been named Mr. Bean .... :shutup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

As the temperature has been a bit more bearable decided to finally do a bit of modelling. Decided to get a drink before I started and made the mistake of leaving the door open;

IMG_20200815_164424258

That's the end of that then....!! 🤣

Keith

• Like 3
  • Haha 7