This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Skodadriver

Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Monarch of all I survey - and you'd better believe it! I do imperious very well, don't I?

Today was a day we've been dreading. Our beloved Newt, aged sixteen and three-quarters, passed away at home. We knew it was coming, but as you all know, that never makes it easier. She had a rough start, born to a semi-feral mother, and afflicted with a nasty upper respiratory-tract infection, and we rescued her and her brother, Henry, at six weeks old.

p1010004

She and her brother grew to be the best cats, and we've been so lucky to have known them for so long. They made our house a home.

newt_march_2009

She will be missed, so much.

So sorry to hear that. My heartfelt condolences  and best wishes to you all.

Very, very sorry to hear of your loss John: it’s never easy (we’ve done it three times now with Maxwell, Sweep and Sooty) but you gave two needy kittens a forever home and all the love and care that you could, and that’s important.  RIP Newt.

Sorry to hear the news John. Like Steve I've been there three times and it certainly doesn't get any easier. You will have many special memories of fun, companionship and all the other wonderful things that cats bring us but above all you gave Newt and her brother the gift of life which is the most precious thing of all.

Thank you all for the kind and caring words - we are grateful. Henry is taking it pretty well, but as he's not been well, and has pretty bad arthritis, I feel he's a little out of it at the moment. I've been engaging in displacement activity, which means I have at least completed several items on the house's "to fix" list.

Newt was a tiny cat who's left a giant hole in our lives. As they all do 😌.

"Go and play with your new camera somewhere else. I'm doing personal stuff here"

32324524087_e7dae6f9fd_b.jpg

Making series early & mid period  Soviet WW2 fighter:

scv-15524168033782055383871-1.jpg

on the right 72nd scale!

In my opinion, he is now busy converting the early A-model Yak-1 to Yak-1b! 😲Glued photoetched in cockpit?😲

😁😁😁

B.R.

Serge

2 hours ago, peterairfix said:

Just chilling let it all hang.47533718982_ab0dbc2209_c.jpg

Why "chilling"?

Cat say: "And remember, cat's mafia have long hands! 😁There is no escape from them!"😁😁

B.R.

Serge