Cats, they're taking over. Part 3

Skodadriver

24 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That's excellent Steve - superb build! If it was a bit bigger I'd happily move in! :)

Keith

Cheers Keith but can't take all the credit as its a flat pack! 😀

He's already tried it out for size.

p?i=8404c5305f067d525f80eb644dc4304c

Then he joined me in the shed for a while.

p?i=639c0a6b0ae0d4f2604f18611fd68bbd

Regards,

Steve

• Like 12

- Thanks to you, Patch has found his refuge, I guess this goes with some fooding, be sure he will reward you with his indefectible friendship.

-In the same way, we opened a free self-sevice. It's a great success for our "out-doors" -I can't tell wether they are migrants or not ? but they all belong to the same tribe with only two "caucasian". black&white "Kiki"like Patch, and an unnamed tigerstriped grey & white...we even have an hedgehog !!......., here three of them, but they are more numerous...." -With the restaurant, they can enjoy some shelters but not as sophisticated as Patch's one... In the Middle-Age we would have been sentenced as witches and burnt on the bonfire......with all these black cats..

5a7lBj.jpg

-We have identified :, "Trumpy;" "Bo Jo", "Ourska", "The Uncle", "Cosette", "Ely", "Jack beau regard", "The Guard" ,probably the Great Chief, it seems to watch after the others, remarquably, he never eat before the others have eaten, sense of reponsablity or the certainty to have fresh foods ?.I won't bet....He probably noticed we are around there.....

• Like 13

Not to be that poster, but may I suggest straw that hasnt been treated with fire retardant for the  shelter for the outdoor cats?  Friend of mine has done rescue for many years, and well, your learn things.

Section 7 in particular

https://homeandroost.co.uk/blog/how-to-place-an-outdoor-cat-shelter/

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=yorkshire+straw

Thanks for helping Patch.

Edited by NoSG0
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We don't need a weather-forecasting frog as our Musty has his own way to tell us it's going to rain cats and dogs very soon.

spacer.png

And believe me or not, it rained a bit later.

Well OK, it rained before that today, but still .... cats hold so much mysteries.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A tale to relate about Jonesy, our younger dark Burmese, the total idiotic larrikin of the two of them. I had ducked into our ensuite to answer a call of nature & standing there, the slightly open window which is side hinged & supported on what are apparently called friction stays, was over my right shoulder. As I contemplated the future of the universe, global warming or the spot on the wall, whichever seems more likely, I became aware of what might have been movement out of the corner of my eye. Thinking it might have been a bird outside reflected in my right spectacle lens I turned my head slightly to see our daft little cat or at least the front half of him regarding me from the top of the window, which is about 14 feet above ground, the rest of him was hanging on the outside of him. Shocked & stunned, WTF, all in mid task I might add, which I quickly abandoned. :crosseyed:, & grabbed said feline, pushing the window open a bit more so I could lift him over the top. Talk about feline stupidity elevated to new levels. We normally keep the door closed & I thought was when I went in, so he might have been in there for a couple of hours, having shot in unnoticed earlier, (quite likely) in which case I can only assume he was looking for a way out & had discovered midway, that wasn't it, & was attempting to return from whence he came. Quite put me off my stride it did. :shrug: Dopey little git.

Steve.

• Haha 9

• Mike locked this topic